• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Thread Repairs

smk1026

Default rank <3000 posts Supporter
That Dude
131   0
Reaction score
Got a brand new AK74 yesterday from kvar it arrived and I took the muzzle brake off and it was extremely tight to get off. I examined the threads on the muzzle and they appear to be a little damaged...gotta love seeing that on a new gun. anywho. I believe its a 24mmx1.5 thread on the muzzle but if some body could help me out that would be great. I don't own any dies nor have I ever used them.

Not sure of your thread size, but think 14 not 24. But if they are only slightly messed up, a thread file is your answer. You can borrow mine if you like, just PM me. You could probably pick one up at the auto parts store for less than the gas to come get it though.

Sorry, its early and read 47 not 74 so 14mm is not right. A thread file is still your answer

no problem haha. Yeah I just checked the website I bought it from and it says 24x1.5 right hand thread
I may have to call them just to make sure this doesn't void warranty but if they say it does I want to make it look as discreet as possible that I repaired it. I see some scratches on the threads inside the brake from having to pretty much force it off.
I may look into buying one if they are that cheap just to have something else to throw in the tool box for a rainy day. thanks for your help bud.

Back
Top Bottom