• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Thrift Store Find

My SO is the absolute queen of the yard sale/thrift store. Her specialty is jewelry and women's clothing. Her limit for clothing is $1.00 and she routinely resells (to thrift stores and consignment stores) for $5.00 and up. She doesn't make a lot of money, but she enjoys it.

It's amazing how much gold jewelry is sold at yard sales by people who don't know what it is.

It would drive me crazy. You have to know about 100 brands of women's clothing, and be ultra picky about any small flaw. I thought T-shirts came pre-stained.

well I am back, got a few things , all for $ 1.00 each, put it all on ebay should get $34.00 out of it .
SDC14753.JPG
SDC14752.JPG
SDC14750.JPG

My SO is the absolute queen of the yard sale/thrift store. Her specialty is jewelry and women's clothing. Her limit for clothing is $1.00 and she routinely resells (to thrift stores and consignment stores) for $5.00 and up. She doesn't make a lot of money, but she enjoys it.

It's amazing how much gold jewelry is sold at yard sales by people who don't know what it is.

It would drive me crazy. You have to know about 100 brands of women's clothing, and be ultra picky about any small flaw. I thought T-shirts came pre-stained.

My MIL gave a big bag of gaudy costume jewelry to my wife and said go through it and keep what you want and throw out what you don't want. I found 2 yellow gold rings and 1 white gold ring. Real gold. I told the wife and she asked "are you sure they are real?" I said "yup!" Took one of the yellow and one of the white gold rings to my buddy who is a jeweler and he mounted a nice sized diamond in the white gold ring and a little pink stone in the yellow gold ring for my daughter. He said due to the filigree design on the white gold ring he estimated it to be over 100 years old.... It pays to check EVERYTHING!

Back
Top Bottom