• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Throwing skeet

bulldogparts

Default rank <300 posts
Tracker
9   0
Reaction score
I'm in the market for a skeet thrower. I've never owned an electric one, and don't know if the ones under $300.00 are worth the money.
So...........if any of you, and I KNOW some of you do, have experience and opinions on the different throwers out there, I'd appreciate hearing them.

Thanks, Randy

The one academy sells that run off 12 volt works good,I think if you keep out of rain is key.

$300 will get you a fairly decent skeet thrower. $1000 will get you a very nice one for 30min-1 hour. You can catch some for $50 but you might catch something else too. Electric ones take all the fun out of it. Good luck and be safe

I bought a "Do-all Outdoors White Wing Automatic trap" from amazon a couple years ago, along with the wobbler kit and an extension to hold more clays.

I've been really happy with it. It rarely busts clays, throws them pretty far, runs on a 12v battery, seems pretty sturdy, simple to operate, foot remote works well. My only complaints are that it doesnt want to feed the last clay due to no weight pushing down on the last clay (loading more clays solves this issue) and that I don't get to use it as much as I'd like.

The biggest issue with this particular thrower is that it appears to have doubled in price since I bought mine in 2014. I got the thrower, wobbler kit and extension all together for only about $40 more than what Amazon now wants for just the thrower.

Back
Top Bottom