• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Tikka T3 Sporter

wpalm00

Default rank <1250 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
43   0
Reaction score
Hey ODT, any of you folks ever spent time with a Tikka T3 or T3x Sporter? I’m trying to get some more info on them. Always thought they were cool but never owned one.

1661975970988.png

Had one of the older ones in .308 Winchester. Stock was like the one in your photo but was some type of hardwood instead of laminate.

Had a fore end rail that allows use of a hand stop that can be very nice for shooting prone. Stock rode a bench rest and sand bag very well.

Receiver could use either screw on scope mount or Tikka style clamp on rings. Plenty of room for height adjustment and eye relief on scope mounting.

Was loading 168gr. Sierra HPBT Match King bullets with brass that was trimmed to length and had primer pockets and flash holes uniformed, OAL was per Sierra manual.

Super accurate, sub MOA shooter, great trigger out of the box.

I never could get comfortable with the stock shape. I like conventional stocks over the anatomical style stocks. This isn`t negative criticism, just a personal preference.

That’s great info. Thank you! I wonder if you had a Master Sporter.
I can understand that issue about getting comfortable with the stock. That is a concern.

You`re correct, it was a Tikka Master Sporter- had someone call it the poor man`s Sako TRG

Back
Top Bottom