• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Time for a SBR and another can........quickly?

LOL that anyone thinks ATF is going to do what? Have a separate worker just scanning these forms as they come in? LOL!

These forms will come in with the non-bar coded forms. They'll sit in the warehouse with the others "in the queue" until they are processed. Actually if my experience with government is any indication, they'll arrive at the drone's desk and when the drone sees the bar code, they "might" shift the form to another bin where it'll sit until another, interoffice mail drone picks it up and moves it the area where the scanners are located. Then it'll wait there until it gets scanned.

warehouse_0.jpg

some seem to forget that the reason for NFA was to discourage ownership of items the Gov thinks we shouldnt have. I doubt they will ever be in a hurry to approve anything.

Yeah once things settle down the wait times will come down. I remember when form 1 were around 30-45 days on eforms. I just don't know how much impact a barcode that saves a little data entry is going to do and how did they come up with a 50% error rate on the entry? If that's the case which I don't think it is someone needs to get fired
You would be surprised how much data entry eats up time, and how many errors they make. We have had a bunch of forms denied for things like the model being incorrect, when it is typed on the form perfectly.

If the barcode can help reduce processing time from say 30 minutes, down to 5 minutes, then each examiner can process significantly more forms per day. Plus, if they dont have to send out phone calls and emails to dealers and manufactures about issues caused from data entry errors, they can process even more forms.

When you start looking at the scale of the NFA, even a few seconds makes a big difference. They processed 1.37 million forms in 2014. Thats a whole bunch of stamps for maybe 25-30 examiners.

Wait times are already plummeting. Ive seen a few decembers come back already.

Back
Top Bottom