• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Time for a SBR and another can........quickly?

This would probably push me to the new, integrally suppressed 10/22 barrel for the 10/22 take down rifle. Right now I am a tad o er a year on one of Dobb's cans. I'm patient, but I do have limits.

Reactions: AOW
Seems like click bait to me. He has no proof of reduced wait times, no estimate of how quickly these new forms will be approved, etc just speculation.

AR-15 podcast had a guy from Silencer Shop on last episode. He mentioned that the NFA branch can do about 30K applications a month, and that they had about 45K backlogs from 1/2017 to 7/2017. Once they are through with that he's guessing 90 day wait times. He mentioned they have gotten same-day return on Form 3s done electronically.

They have also reported that some post 41F forms have made it through, probably as training for new examiners. Add in the barcoding that they just implemented and there's no reason waits should be <90 days going forward.

AR-15 podcast had a guy from Silencer Shop on last episode. He mentioned that the NFA branch can do about 30K applications a month, and that they had about 45K backlogs from 1/2017 to 7/2017. Once they are through with that he's guessing 90 day wait times. He mentioned they have gotten same-day return on Form 3s done electronically.

They have also reported that some post 41F forms have made it through, probably as training for new examiners. Add in the barcoding that they just implemented and there's no reason waits should be <90 days going forward.

Yeah once things settle down the wait times will come down. I remember when form 1 were around 30-45 days on eforms. I just don't know how much impact a barcode that saves a little data entry is going to do and how did they come up with a 50% error rate on the entry? If that's the case which I don't think it is someone needs to get fired

Yeah once things settle down the wait times will come down. I remember when form 1 were around 30-45 days on eforms. I just don't know how much impact a barcode that saves a little data entry is going to do and how did they come up with a 50% error rate on the entry? If that's the case which I don't think it is someone needs to get fired

Yeah, it's a nice addition for accuracy but I don't see it making a huge change in the wait times. I had a Form 1 returned multiple times for errors (all my fault), but otherwise they've all gone through first-time.

That being said, the old e-forms definitely made it through faster than the paper ones did, so maybe there's something to it...

Back
Top Bottom