• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Time for a Tune Up

Well at least it will have some giddy up...

So would the 514 Ford crate motor I was planning to run...;) But I digress.

Potenza can disagree with me...even though he works on vehicles for a living and is ASE certified and I can attest to his knowledge (and he is a nice guy)...but running NGK's on a Chevy is not a problem. Generally I agree that it should have AC Delco plugs in it...but these days there is no telling who makes the plugs for AC Delco. Could be NGK...could be Champion...could be Bob's Spark Plugs for all we know. I do know they (GM) outsource production more today than ever before.

About the only bad experience I ever had with spark plugs was the time I installed a nice, expensive set of Bosch platinum plugs in my wife's Toyota Camry. BIG mistake...that car fouled those plugs out inside 100 miles. Put NGK back in it...never had another problem. That car just didn't like the fully-shielded electrode I guess...

Last edited:
So would the 514 Ford crate motor I was planning to run...;) But I digress.

Potenza can disagree with me...even though he works on vehicles for a living and is ASE certified and I can attest to his knowledge (and he is a nice guy)...but running NGK's on a Chevy is not a problem. Generally I agree that it should have AC Delco plugs in it...but these days there is no telling who makes the plugs for AC Delco. Could be NGK...could be Champion...could be Bob's Spark Plugs for all we know. I do know they (GM) outsource production more today than ever before.

About the only bad experience I ever had with spark plugs was the time I installed a nice, expensive set of Bosch platinum plugs in my wife's Toyota Camry. BIG mistake...that car fouled those plugs out inside 100 miles. Put NGK back in it...never had another problem. That car just didn't like the fully-shielded electrode I guess...

Go with the 572 Chevy...
Bigger is better....

Back
Top Bottom