• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Tipping: I can't be the only one, right?

What's wrong with this picture?
I consider myself a decent tipper but this crap is getting out of hand.View attachment 6045686
First...nice choice. Best Indian food in Kips Bay. :thumb:

But second....that's some sneaky sneaky bravo sierra right there. At first I was like, dude....you only tipped $5 on a $90 tab? But then they have already put the tip on and even called the "pre-tip" amount? You're a better man than I am. I would have put a phat zero in that blank. Tipu would have gotten twelve out of me if they'd just left well enough alone.

I consider myself a decent tipper but this crap is getting out of hand.View attachment 6045686
I don't add to it when they do that, I just assume they've decided what their tip should be. It pisses me off when they do that and I would have tipped more if they had left it up to me.

First...nice choice. Best Indian food in Kips Bay. :thumb:

But second....that's some sneaky sneaky bravo sierra right there. At first I was like, dude....you only tipped $5 on a $90 tab? But then they have already put the tip on and even called the "pre-tip" amount? You're a better man than I am. I would have put a phat zero in that blank. Tipu would have gotten twelve out of me if they'd just left well enough alone.
Not my ticket. I swore off NYC 20 years ago and have no interest in going back. I wouldn't have tipped anything after that.
If 10 % Is good enough for Jesus then it's good enough for someone shuttling plates. I go from there and add on depending on the quality of the service.

I can see maybe.....maybe adding the $5 if the food & service were excellent but **** tipping on tax! The servers aren't taxed based on taxes added to their tickets. **** that noise. I'd have paid the check & told them to stick it in their ass.

Yeah, you’ve got to pay attention now. I’ve seen tip added into total occasionally, but usually the final tab shows ‘’additional tip’’ line.
We started eating out a lot more the last couple of years, learned the hard way to go line by line on the bills.
Had a few drinks one night and ended up tipping about 40% on a dinner for four. Didn‘t realize it ‘til I looked at the receipt the next day.

Make sure to check your credit card statement to insure that the amount wasn't raised by the establishment - very common practice.

Back
Top Bottom