• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Tips for flying with infant

Took a upgrade to Boston. Boarding we got several dirty looks when we bought 3 seats. Me, my wife, our 2 year old and a 6 month old. When we landed everyone was saying how good our kids were. They flew well. My responce was " Thank you but I enjoyed the look on your faces when we boarded"

Lots of good info here, x2 on eating drinking and napping. It will be fine, you paid for a ticket too.
hats off to you and your wife

I always bought a seat for my kids and brought airline approved car seats. My kids always rode well in the car and did in planes as well. We generally needed the car seat wherever we were going anyway.

Longest trip we did was 5 hours to LA followed by 13 hours to Auckland New Zealand with our then 2 year old.

Just bring whatever you would normally bring on a long car ride. The pressure might mess with their ears but it’ll pass. Timing it to where they nap during the flight is a good plan. Don’t worry about the rest of the passengers. People who fly know it’s a matter time before they encounter a crying kid. That’s why they make noise cancelling headphones. Just assume everyone has them. If they don’t, that’s their problem. Crying kids can be frustrating on long flights but most people understand, and if they’re not prepared, too bad. Don’t stress over it.

When my Mother had to fly with my sister and I to England and back in 1966, her doctor gave her some medicine to make us sleep. She said it was like flipping a light switch.
I don't know if you can get away with that these days. :)

95fc010e25b3cbbdb6215dffb1376d0e.jpg
mine loves his first flight!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom