• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Tisas 1911 recall notice

It’s amusing to watch all the mouth breathers tripping over themselves to bash Tisas over this. Meanwhile they are not the first company to have this kind of an issue with the 1911, they won’t be the last either. I like how Tisas handled this, they didn’t make excuses or down play it, they sent out an alert far and wide and have been very transparent unlike some other gun companies. In modern manufacturing it is inevitable that there are going to be some sort of miss when it comes to QC. Especially when you are producing in volume like SDS is. Glock has called their various recalls over the years, “upgrades”, Sig outright lied about the P320 drop issue. Tisas however didn’t stray away from addressing the issue head on. We need more companies to respond like Tisas has over issues when they happen. I appreciate their transparency.

I just traded my 9mm Raider, but I still have my railed duty 9mm. They have both been some of the best 1911s I’ve ever owned and that includes a WC 1911 I had years ago. I’ve ran my Duty hard it went through 2K rounds with only three malfunctions that as it turned out, were mag related. I switched to using WC EDM mags and it hasn’t failed me yet. For the price nothing comes close. They don’t use any MIM, they have a forged steel slide and frame, CHF barrels, better fit and finish than any SA I’ve owned and don’t rust like Kimbers’ for half the price. I already have the cash standing by to order the MAC 2011 from them tomorrow and I want one of their JSOC 1911s badly. I’ll keep buying Tisas 1911s.

Love my Tisas 1911.
Got one in 9mm to change things up and have been very impressed with it.
Appears as though I'm not affected by this recall.
Thanks for getting the word out OP.

Love my Tisas 1911.
Got one in 9mm to change things up and have been very impressed with it.
Appears as though I'm not affected by this recall.
Thanks for getting the word out OP.

It seems only a limited number of the single stack .45s and one version of the 10mm are affected.

Back
Top Bottom