• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Tisas Zig Turkish 1911 for $329 at Kentucky Gun Co

They are great weapons. I've owned one and shot several, and they run like a sewing machine. They have tighter tolerances than colt and can be made to look however you want cause at under 350 you can afford a paint job or grips and sights...

They are great weapons. I've owned one and shot several, and they run like a sewing machine. They have tighter tolerances than colt and can be made to look however you want cause at under 350 you can afford a paint job or grips and sights...

Glad to hear it, although at that price I figured it would be hard to go wrong. Should be here in a week or so. Knew that 45-70 cash wouldn't last long...

Glad to hear it, although at that price I figured it would be hard to go wrong. Should be here in a week or so. Knew that 45-70 cash wouldn't last long...

14251763224851.jpg
14251762272960.jpg

Same gun! Tisas zigm

Well, I picked this up yesterday and put 50 rounds through it at the range, then took it apart for cleaning.

It's definitely 'basic' compared to what we see out there today.

The sights are fixed and small, no ambi-anything, and no 'memory bump' on the grip safety, which means you better have a good solid grasp on the gun to disengage it. The trigger is a little stiff, but I think it will wear-in over time. Just dry-firing it last night made a noticeable difference.

On the plus side, the action seems smooth enough, no rough spots or tool marks I can see. The all-black color scheme is really sharp, and everyone who saw it at CG&P though it looked good.

It's as accurate as it can be with those sights. No problems putting it right where I aimed from 10 yards or so. Lockup seems good and there isn't any slop in the gun at all. I was expecting a RIA level of fit and finish, but this gun is well above that.

Kentucky Gun Co. shipped the gun out the same day I ordered it, and it arrived at Cherokee within 2-3 days. The few times I've used them they have been hit or miss, but they seem to be stepping up their game.

Overall, I'm really impressed with this gun so far, and at $329 it's impossible to find a better value in 1911's right now.

Tisas 1911 001.JPG

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom