• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Tn Arms - Outdoors Trader Discount Code - "TOT12OFF" for 12% Off Lower Receivers

TnArmsCo

Default rank <200 posts
Hunter
2   0
Reaction score
Store Link Here

Use the code TOT12OFF during checkout to get 12% off your order of stripped lowers, engraved lowers, complete lowers, ghost lowers, or bundles.

Here is a customer review from Reddit with over 18K rounds of mostly 300 Blackout through his lower

I've put mine through hell and then to Valhalla and back. It's still running. Let me run through some of my history with these lowers;
I've had three total. One guy crushed by a Ford pickup truck while the SBR was sitting in the car next to the passenger seat, which got T-boned. Nobody was in the car other than my sweet, sweet SBR. The lower was smashed to pieces and the rest wasn't much better off. T1 and comp survived, not much else. Needless to say, this was not the receiver failing or TN Arms Cos fault.
The second one has been treated nicely. Taken to the range, shooting .223 and just having a good time with friends and family. Nothing too major or stressful. I'm not being a dandy about it, and I don't mind scratches on my rifles etc. They get used and sometimes abused. This one has had a nice life so far though, and has what I like to believe a fairly typical life of a range-rifle. It performs awesome, weighs about as much as Adam West and feels good. If it matters, the rest of this rifle is BCM, DD and CMMG for the most part.
The third one is where it gets interesting. I've lost my round-count by now, but its something in the high 10k by now, mostly .300 BLK. Some .223 as well using the upper from previous rifle. The typical use is however a suppressed .300 BLK 10" rifle that does a lot of 3rnd bursts.
This rifle has been abused a lot in the sense that it's been to Costa Ludus as well as Haley Strategic. Anyone who knows Costa will know that abuse is not uncommon as they gear gets run pretty damn hard. HSP put more strain on me as a shooter, but the rifle did get quite some abuse other than just shooting as well. I realize this is turning into a wall of text, so I'll just bulletpoint it for now for this rifle;

• Estimate of 18k .300 BLK
  • Temperatures from 35c/95f to -20c/-4f
  • Pouring rain = muddy HSP-course = muddy rifle
  • Physical abuse, such as smashing into things, getting smacked on the ground during transitions
  • Painted and un-painted twice
  • Dropped once due to sling failing (Seriously folks, make sure those Magpul MS3 slings you buy are LEGIT and not china ****)
  • Fired a lot with suppressor
  • Cleaned thoroughly once at 5k rounds. After that, virtually nothing done
  • Used as a battering tool for smashing window on car (Suppressor first) multiple times during courses
I have yet to set it on fire though, maybe I should try it? This new year I'm running it through hopefully as low temperatures as -35c/-31f. We'll see how that holds up. But here's the summary of all the **** from above: I have had very, very few issues with the rifle as a whole. I do however only use fairly expensive/high quality parts in my builds, which of course contributes.
The problems I've had are these; Short-stroke (Un-identified culprit, stopped happening randomly), mag not seating properly (Was in -20c/-4f, potentially a few degrees colder, which I have blamed for this), some duds that simply went click (Also cold weather, likely ammo fault, not receivers fault), and the kicker: It's still not broken or gone to ****. That's my testimony, and I call it a damn good lower that hasn't failed me yet.
Let us know if we can hook you up with one of these lowers!

Back
Top Bottom