AR vs AK

• AR-15 is King

Votes: 13 76.5%
  • AK-47 is Tsar

Votes: 4 23.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah and claiming to be a new to guns and wanting to build an AK:confused::confused::confused::confused:. For a first build.... feels like fishing to me

I’m new to guns but I’m building my first Precision bolt action receiver. I’m hoping it can compete with defiance and impact actions...errr...I mean savage. Yeah I want it to the same level of perfection as savage.

Just because I'm a new up and coming gun nut doesn't mean I'm brand new to firearms. I've grown up around them, have a lot of friends who have brought me to the range and I've been looking around and researching for quite some time. What it means is, I'm in my Mid 20's, finally establishing myself as my own person, and I realize I like collecting/shooting guns. (and finally worked hard enough to have spending money)

The anonymity bit was a half truth. No one is foolish enough to believe in modern privacy. If you read my edit, you would have seen that I'm well aware its a joke to say on an online forum "I'm looking to be private". But thank you all for the reminder.

Truly, I was looking for a fun summer project. I'm a hands on guy and love building things. I was looking for information because I dont know where to start. Clearly that was a dumb idea, I'm better off looking else where for answers.

I appreciate all of you who actually provided information, especially the ones who DM'ed me and talked with me.

Just because I'm a new up and coming gun nut doesn't mean I'm brand new to firearms. I've grown up around them, have a lot of friends who have brought me to the range and I've been looking around and researching for quite some time. What it means is, I'm in my Mid 20's, finally establishing myself as my own person, and I realize I like collecting/shooting guns. (and finally worked hard enough to have spending money)

The anonymity bit was a half truth. No one is foolish enough to believe in modern privacy. If you read my edit, you would have seen that I'm well aware its a joke to say on an online forum "I'm looking to be private". But thank you all for the reminder.

Truly, I was looking for a fun summer project. I'm a hands on guy and love building things. I was looking for information because I dont know where to start. Clearly that was a dumb idea, I'm better off looking else where for answers.

I appreciate all of you who actually provided information, especially the ones who DM'ed me and talked with me.

ARs are prolific enough in the US that you can build them using 3D printers. A guy I work with made an absolute monstrosity on a 3D printer. It functions, it’s hideous, but it’s awesome that he built it.

I would stay with ARs, because for the most part they are bolt together. There’s some little, but very important things to consider like gas port size/alignment, torque specs, what to grease and not grease...etc. I don’t know anything about AKs so I can’t help you. cmshoot cmshoot does AR builder courses. You can PM him. I did one of his carbine courses and it was awesome. I can only imagine his builder course to be the same.

ARs are prolific enough in the US that you can build them using 3D printers. A guy I work with made an absolute monstrosity on a 3D printer. It functions, it’s hideous, but it’s awesome that he built it.

I would stay with ARs, because for the most part they are bolt together. There’s some little, but very important things to consider like gas port size/alignment, torque specs, what to grease and not grease...etc. I don’t know anything about AKs so I can’t help you. cmshoot cmshoot does AR builder courses. You can PM him. I did one of his carbine courses and it was awesome. I can only imagine his builder course to be the same.

Next AR Builder’s Class is June 19 at TruPrep in Marietta.

I've built my fair share of AKs. Have several dozen how to videos on YouTube showing the process. If you know about bending flats you know the work involved. I wouldn't recommend ANYONE do an AK build right now due to cost of parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom