To much vitamin D.

I just got back some blood work saying my Vit D level was 23. The doctor said I could take 50k iu/week to get my levels up. Im planning on having her check my blood regularly to monitor my levels. Since finding out yesterday Im deficient and doing some research, Ive concluded Im a textbook case of a D deficiency. Hoping and praying upping my levels will lend me some relief.
I sure hope this is the root of the problems you've been experiencing. I mean, I don't like it, but finding it and fixing it are great news!

It seemed like a scam in that this is suddenly a problem with 2/3rds (or some such) of American adults... a problem that somehow eluded us since the study of vitamin D won a Nobel Prize in 1928 and made it 'famous'.

Like most vitamins, the average American gets all they need in their diet, or in the case of D, with some minimal exposure to sunshine. The recommendations I've seen are that 30 minutes of sun 3 times a week are all you need to let your body make the right levels of vitamin D. Even in this sun-averse age I think most of us would meet that requirement. As mentioned milk and dairy are also good sources.

To me, this just seemed like a good way to sell some shots and supplements.
No such thing as Vit D shots. At least from my doctor anyways. I wanted one but they didnt offer them and said to take the pills. Im going to start taking 50k/week tomorrow. I'll report back if I begin to see changes in my symptoms which include:
-Chronic low back muscle pain (have had mutliple mri's ruling out bone/disc problems)
-Extreme leg/arm weakness
-dizziness
-fatigue
-random muscle pain (currently left calf, right arm, and neck)
-digestion issues
- brain fog
-joint pain

No such thing as Vit D shots. At least from my doctor anyways. I wanted one but they didnt offer them and said to take the pills. Im going to start taking 50k/week tomorrow. I'll report back if I begin to see changes in my symptoms which include:
-Chronic low back muscle pain (have had mutliple mri's ruling out bone/disc problems)
-Extreme leg/arm weakness
-dizziness
-fatigue
-random muscle pain (currently left calf, right arm, and neck)
-digestion issues
- brain fog
-joint pain

I hope it helps, let us know if you see a difference.

That's interesting about the shots though, since at least two folks at work had vitamin D shots though their doctors office.

Back
Top Bottom