• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

To much vitamin D.

Bear44

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
213   0
Reaction score
A few years ago I started a thread talking about the negative effects that to much vitamin D had on me. It actually put me in the emergency room twice in two weeks and no one could figure out what was causing the problem. Only after the second time it happened and me looking for things that had changed in my life did I come to the conclusion it was to much vitamin D. Several of the people here thought I was crazy. After all, wasn't the new trend that people weren't getting enough vitamin D? Well...
https://www.yahoo.com/beauty/people-taking-much-vitamin-d-heres-thats-bad-180219398.html

Ifins it's on the internet, then it must be true. lol

Most people that "self medicate" with vitamins are wasting their money.
A well balanced diet will get most people what they need, and any deficiencies should be diagnosed by a physician and treated accordingly.

An overwhelming percentage of the "vitamins" sold in the US comes from China. You know, the same country that supplies Purina and others with poison dog food.

Plus, vitamins in supplement form are not what your body can use, and can be toxic rather than helpful.

A few years ago I started a thread talking about the negative effects that to much vitamin D had on me. It actually put me in the emergency room twice in two weeks and no one could figure out what was causing the problem. Only after the second time it happened and me looking for things that had changed in my life did I come to the conclusion it was to much vitamin D. Several of the people here thought I was crazy. After all, wasn't the new trend that people weren't getting enough vitamin D? Well...
https://www.yahoo.com/beauty/people-taking-much-vitamin-d-heres-thats-bad-180219398.html

How much were you taking?

I recently tested low on vitamin D. The doctor prescribed 50,000 units once a week for four weeks. No ill effects and now my level is normal. Just one man's story.

I recommend vit D to everyone of my clients that are on a weight loss program. Most people are significantly deficient and in a caloric deficit their energy levels are shot.
Thanks for the interesting read.

How much were you taking?
4800. It was not intentional. I had been taking 2800, which is still a lot, but my wife picked up some more of my joint supplement and neither of us realized it was a version of it that had another 2000 added. Within a couple of weeks I started having problems.

I warned others about it and even told my Doctor. He was polite, but clearly thought I was crazy. I also had two people tell me they had experienced the exact same thing and had come to the same conclusion about why it was happening. Once I dropped it to 600 a day I started feeling better within a few days and within a few weeks I felt better than I had in years. I had been taking the 2800 dose for those same few years.

Good quality supplements can and do make a real difference in quality of life when take properly and I'm not trying to discourage their use. I still take very good multi vitamins and a joint supplement every day. The best way to discover their benefits is to take them for a couple of months and then stop taking them. Check out how you feel after a couple of weeks without them. You'll remember how you felt before taking them.

I also take something called Basis by a company called Elysium. Very interesting product, but that's for a different conversation. Ya'll might want to look that up. Before you get too skeptical about it, realize it's the only product the company makes, it's been written up in legitimate periodicals, like Popular Science and has four Nobel Laureates on the Board of Directors. About as legit as it gets.

I recently tested low on vitamin D. The doctor prescribed 50,000 units once a week for four weeks. No ill effects and now my level is normal. Just one man's story.
Just don't keep that up after your levels are normal. Many Doctors just don't seem to understand the risk involved. Unlike many other vitamins, excess D does not flush out of your system easily or quickly.

I just got back some blood work saying my Vit D level was 23. The doctor said I could take 50k iu/week to get my levels up. Im planning on having her check my blood regularly to monitor my levels. Since finding out yesterday Im deficient and doing some research, Ive concluded Im a textbook case of a D deficiency. Hoping and praying upping my levels will lend me some relief.

Back
Top Bottom