• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

To those of you that report the scammers as soon as you see them....

and if you call out the scammer in a public forum you get dinged but rat em out and let "administration " handle it and its all just peaches and cream
True, someone was “called out” publicly as a scammer recently. He was not, and probably will never list anything here again. But because you and others jumped on the bandwagon and “crapped” on him in that thread, with nothing but the OPs (wrong) opinion. I doubt that member who had quality items at very fair prices will ever be back. This could have been avoided if the report feature was used.
We seem to have a group of “monkey see, monkey do” members here that jump in every time another member gets their self in a frenzy.

I think people are taking pics and descriptions from real GB ads and tryin to scam. the GB ad looks legit with good feedback. and the seller is an FFL.
Yes they do and other sites as well. Some of y’all are better at Google Fu and scour the internet better than some of us.
Personally I suspect some of the scammers are anti gun and get a kick out of taking gunners money, but it’s mostly just the allusion of filling a need.

That has nothing to do with it. The reason they persist is that people always fall for the “too good to be true” scam.
This is one of the bonuses of having a decent collection of both years and possessions. When the adrenaline doesn't rise quickly and every scream'n hot deal you miss is not the end of the world, perspective is easier to keep.

Ok. I’m going to jump in here. I SUCK at tech ! Recently had two reply’s to two want to buy ads. They came to my phone as PM’s from ODT. BUT ! They did not show up in my Inbox
upload_2021-5-8_18-2-47.jpeg

True, someone was “called out” publicly as a scammer recently. He was not, and probably will never list anything here again. But because you and others jumped on the bandwagon and “crapped” on him in that thread, with nothing but the OPs (wrong) opinion. I doubt that member who had quality items at very fair prices will ever be back. This could have been avoided if the report feature was used.
We seem to have a group of “monkey see, monkey do” members here that jump in every time another member gets their self in a frenzy.
well a lot of the monkeys have seen and see what gets done

Back
Top Bottom