• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

To those of you that report the scammers as soon as you see them....

unfortunately we have a few "Not my monkey, not my circus" types too.

This right here is where the problem is. On a forum like this where it is such a small forum and is mainly instate with the members and what goes on and the trading post section which is again mainly instate we should be looking out for each other and watching out for things and people that come on here just to try and get over on good hard working honest folks that all have a lot of things in common and like to get together and do things and that actually do get together and do things.

We are not as big as some of the bigger forums like ARFCOM, GT, SigTalk, Sig Fourm where you have folks from all over the country much less the world with all of their traffic and for sale sections and stuff it's a lot harder to catch these scammers and stuff but they do sometimes and then sometimes they don't as the folks will just disappear and then again there are some over there that do a better job than some of the moderators at catching these folks that are on there doing to scamming.

I like being on this site due to how small it is and how the people are on here with just the topic's of discussions or the trading post or the range and outdoors sections and so on. It seems everyone is willing to talk to and help out others and give advice and no one really seems to talk to or treat others like they are stupid and talk down to them like they are better than they are or even better than everyone else on here.

Yes I don't post a whole lot on here but I tend to go through and read and see what is going on each section of the forum and yeah I will post something here and there if I have something to add to the conversation or I might be wanting to ask a question the subject that is being talked about myself as I don't know and would like to know or just to check that I am doing something correctly and as a double check on something I did.

The other side of the argument is if you're so stupid that you can't recognize a scam, the problem is you, and nothing will ever fix stupid.

Yeah this is true as well. There are always some types of clues or that little spidey since going off telling something ain't right then you should just back away slowly.

and some folks will ***** and whine about the stupidest things. Good grief, for those that are so miserable here...take an ODT break and go outside and play...

Yeah there is life outside ones man cave, living room or kitchen and off the internet even if it is outside in your own yard doing something.

This right here is where the problem is. On a forum like this where it is such a small forum and is mainly instate with the members and what goes on and the trading post section which is again mainly instate we should be looking out for each other and watching out for things and people that come on here just to try and get over on good hard working honest folks that all have a lot of things in common and like to get together and do things and that actually do get together and do things.

We are not as big as some of the bigger forums like ARFCOM, GT, SigTalk, Sig Fourm where you have folks from all over the country much less the world with all of their traffic and for sale sections and stuff it's a lot harder to catch these scammers and stuff but they do sometimes and then sometimes they don't as the folks will just disappear and then again there are some over there that do a better job than some of the moderators at catching these folks that are on there doing to scamming.

I like being on this site due to how small it is and how the people are on here with just the topic's of discussions or the trading post or the range and outdoors sections and so on. It seems everyone is willing to talk to and help out others and give advice and no one really seems to talk to or treat others like they are stupid and talk down to them like they are better than they are or even better than everyone else on here.

Yes I don't post a whole lot on here but I tend to go through and read and see what is going on each section of the forum and yeah I will post something here and there if I have something to add to the conversation or I might be wanting to ask a question the subject that is being talked about myself as I don't know and would like to know or just to check that I am doing something correctly and as a double check on something I did.
and if you call out the scammer in a public forum you get dinged but rat em out and let "administration " handle it and its all just peaches and cream

and if you call out the scammer in a public forum you get dinged but rat em out and let "administration " handle it and its all just peaches and cream

I have seen it happen both ways and it is sad and does make someone mad when this does happen. I've gotten to where if I see anything or suspect anything I will message a moderator and let them deal with but I do tend to try and message more than one just so what ever it is can get double teamed. If it turns out to be nothing then so be it and no one got put on blast in public and they can go on there merry way. If it does turn out to be something then again the mod's can deal with it quickly and quietly and just make things disappear just as fast.

I have seen it happen both ways and it is sad and does make someone mad when this does happen. I've gotten to where if I see anything or suspect anything I will message a moderator and let them deal with but I do tend to try and message more than one just so what ever it is can get double teamed. If it turns out to be nothing then so be it and no one got put on blast in public and they can go on there merry way. If it does turn out to be something then again the mod's can deal with it quickly and quietly and just make things disappear just as fast.
cant help you there

I have never seen so much villainy and scams as I have moved to Virginia. Every other phone call is an IRS scam. I got taken on a bogus cashier's check. I guess they target the older and less educated population living in the mountains here. It's insane the amount that I have to deal with on a daily basis.

Back
Top Bottom