• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

To those of you that report the scammers as soon as you see them....

Those 2 things right there would save people from 99% of issues.
As the saying goes, if it seems too good to be true, it is. And no, you are not going to be the 'lucky' one that has a new member sell something for less than it's worth because they don't know better.
HIT THE REPORT BUTTON!
We've nuked 50 different scam accounts just today. I can only imagine how many got through undetected, so far.....
They seem to be much better than bots from the past...as in the last ten years...seems to me...unless these are nigerian...those are the best :)

The very fact that they persist is proof that a certain percentage of people fall for it. Without greed and gullibility, they would go away . ="BDR1, post: 11413005, member: 33763"]There is one here on odt.. been here for awhile.. wanted me to ship him my product.. then when he received it , he would send his out SOON AS HE COULD
[/QUOTE]
I told him in a nice way TO **** OFF

I saw that, and was going to send you a p.m., but apparently it worked itself out.

Lol..it sent me a pm saying when would I like to meet..I responded with tomorrow works...then I get the...oh no tomorrow won't work..how about Monday...then..they got zapped... :)

I probably nuked 10 just last week. If we can verify it, they are gone.
We get a lot of "something smells fishy about this user" with nothing else to go on. Details help. Sometimes we can verify bad actors, sometimes we can't.
As mentioned, anything that potentially helps a member from getting taken is appreciated.
Any chance that "Report" button can be a little less dull and easy to miss? I spent an annoying amount of time clicking around semi-randomly trying to figure out how to report a scam post. Then I had to do it all over again to add another scam link to it. At least the option to add recipients to the PM chain wasn't well hidden. :-)

Back
Top Bottom