Today I have realized...

Don't get me wrong, no sleep sucks. But I've completly enjoyed every minute of it today. He was only a 3 months old last year so this really is his first Christmas. Seeing the expressions of joy and amazment, and to see the wonder in his eyes the greatest experiance of my life. Ill go 2 weeks straight with no sleep just to not miss a moment of it.

That come every Christmas eve/ day for the next 10+ years is gonna be fun, exciting and completly horrible all at the same time.

I'm deliriously tired. Got my 15 month old son laid down and asleep by his normal 9:30 bed time. Put him in our bed last night. Then commenced to assemble his new toddler bed, connect his new tv and DVD player, and apply what seemed like 100+ Mickey mouse fathead wall decals. Yep tv and DVD player. He can now watch his one Mickey episode at night to help wind him down in his room, which means no more Mickey at night for me! worked my but off but got it finished. Just in time for him to wake up at 1:15 AM! We kept him in our room away from everything trying our best to get him to go back to sleep, but no way. Not happening.

About 5 am I went to go get a diaper from his room and when the door cracked he saw everything and pitched holy hell untill we let him check out what was under the tree. He began ripping into every thing and I beleive he caught his 2nd,3rd, and 4th wind at all once.

It's 10:30 and he is still wide open! I just want sleep!

He still doesn't even realize what the whole Christmas thing is of course, but when he is older and does, I've realized I will never sleep the week of Christmas! God I love that boy though!

Merry Christmas y'all. May you enjoy this time of sleepless joy as much as I.

Lol...+1million..
Enjoy it while you can and remember,Its the lil things that make life worth living.

My youngest is 13 now and it just seems like a minute ago she was leaving cookies for Santa ,and getting up early ,make these days last they go way to fast.

Back
Top Bottom