• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Today I shot too much

CAMSDADDY

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
109   0
Reaction score
I don't think I've ever said those words before. This afternoon I got some free time and ran to the range. I was going with intentions of shooting my 26 that I have not shot in a while to see if it likes the 124 grain better than the 147's I have been loading. I ran through 100 rounds between it and my shield. I also had brought my model 60 j frame and 65 k frame. I ran through 150 mixed 158 coated swc and 148 wad cutters through my j frame and 30 of the same through the k frame. I shot from contact to 25 yards. All total I shot 280 rounds within a couple of hours. I really enjoy shooting my j frame but I think I over did it. I generally load 2-3 rounds at a time so u was cycling the cylinder release 50+ times and sometimes dry firing between cylinders. When I got home the bottom of my trigger finger is raw and my thumb is sore from hitting the latch. I'm not whining to whining. I am wondering where my focus fell and where it returned. I think shot poor until I was warm then shot decent then it fell off and I refocused and it came back. Over all it was a good day lots of fun shooting the plate at 25. I just need to be more focused.

Keep working out!!!

strong-finger.jpg

I agree with shooting with someone. I enjoy shooting but when I'm alone l will run through a lot of ammo. There is no down time when your the only one shooting. It's shoot reload shoot. When l have someone with me we can challenge each other and give pointers.

Looks like you have diagnosed what you did and have realized what you did and have corrected it, so now like all of us when you know what needs to be changed , now you will do it. Congrats its great to have a shooting buddy, however when you don't replay in your mind the whole exercise and pick it apart... Sometimes we even video our shooting and play it back as we go through our practice that helps us also as to what to correct immediately...

It's more enjoyable for me to shoot when I have friend talking smack to me while I shoot. It's more encouraging. Lol!
99% of my shooting is solo.

I agree with shooting with someone. I enjoy shooting but when I'm alone l will run through a lot of ammo. There is no down time when your the only one shooting. It's shoot reload shoot. When l have someone with me we can challenge each other and give pointers.
Definitely see the benefit of having some one if for no other reason than to point out and critique
How are you tracking your progress?
Yesterday I was not tracking which is certainly a take away of something that must change

Looks like you have diagnosed what you did and have realized what you did and have corrected it, so now like all of us when you know what needs to be changed , now you will do it. Congrats its great to have a shooting buddy, however when you don't replay in your mind the whole exercise and pick it apart... Sometimes we even video our shooting and play it back as we go through our practice that helps us also as to what to correct immediately...
I try to really replay most of my range trips to see what I need to focus on and change

It's more enjoyable for me to shoot when I have friend talking smack to me while I shoot. It's more encouraging. Lol!

^^^THIS^^^

Go shooting with a buddy. Yall can try to out-shoot each other and you'll both improve your skills in the process. LOL

It really works.

I'm sure with the number of people here you could find someone to shoot with. If nothing else I know there is someone who will tell ypu what you're doing wrong

Back
Top Bottom