Too good of an afternoon

Hope you get one this weekend.

I'm hopefully going to that new spot again with the replacement of the Exocet I destroyed last weekend.
The new (to me) exomax is a hard hitter but same size and just as deadly accurate.
I'm anxious to get my first deer with it.
I can definitely feel the difference in speed, energy and limb strength.
I'd like to chrono it with the fast Flemish string to see what it's putting out.
Now you got me wanting to get a different Excalibur. Mine has done fine for a long time and I guess I'll keep it till I tear it up but looking at the speeds of the new ones really does make me a little jealous.

I think I should have the lake all to myself tomorrow with all you hunters drooling over this cooler weather and headed into the woods. Those bass will be frisky and hungry!
Heck yeah it would be great weather for fishing, plus all the pleasure boaters won't be out with it that cool.

Now you got me wanting to get a different Excalibur. Mine has done fine for a long time and I guess I'll keep it till I tear it up but looking at the speeds of the new ones really does make me a little jealous.

Yeah I've been kicking around the idea of an upgrade for a while but then I would talk myself out of it because my Exocet was the perfect killing machine.
Unfortunately last weekends events made it a necessity to replace it.
One thing I really want to do is put this new one to the test and shoot at my block target from considerable distances from my ladder just to see what kind of accuracy and distances I can expect out of it which is pretty much something I would recommend everyone to do while hunting archery.
My buddy and I did this quite a few times to hone our skills and learn our weapons properly.
It really helps out when you have a gopher on the ground to retrieve your bolts from the target.

Back
Top Bottom