• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Too many guns to move with.

Ok serious question here.

I am soon to be moving out of state, before the end of the year, luckily it’s a gun friendly state that allows all of my toys including NFA. For at least a while I’m going to be in a smaller apartment possibly even a studio. And I don’t want to bring all my firearms with me. Only want a few specific ones.

So what do I do with all the others for the time being? Just trust them with family or what? I do trust my direct family, but they may be moving in the near future as well.

So too many to bring with me now.
No I am not going to sell them.
Nor am I giving them away.

I will have a house eventually once things settle down, but just need ideas for the time being.
Rent a climate controlled storage
Ok serious question here.

I am soon to be moving out of state, before the end of the year, luckily it’s a gun friendly state that allows all of my toys including NFA. For at least a while I’m going to be in a smaller apartment possibly even a studio. And I don’t want to bring all my firearms with me. Only want a few specific ones.

So what do I do with all the others for the time being? Just trust them with family or what? I do trust my direct family, but they may be moving in the near future as well.

So too many to bring with me now.
No I am not going to sell them.
Nor am I giving them away.

I will have a house eventually once things settle down, but just need ideas for the time being.

Rent a climate controlled storage unit, put your weapons and other sensitive items in there, lock them up and you have access to them any time.

Pawn them and be darn sure to keep the payment made. You may want to pawn them in the state you are moving to to make redemption easier. Pawn them cheap to keep interest low and use a reputable company. This is NOT a good long term solution.
I ended up with two guns that way from a friends pawn shop. Guy pawned them for years for safekeeping and suddenly disappeared.

I have been in this boat before. The first time I chose to leave mine with a good friend (Navy buddy). Once I got settled into my permanent home, I brought them home.

The second and third time, I was able to move them directly into a house in the new location. I did have them stacked up in a closet (cased) for a couple of days until my household goods arrived, but they were all with me.

Back
Top Bottom