• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Took a hammer to my Lee loadmaster

They said I could either send it in for free repair or pay 1/2 retail price for replacement. Since I lost my cool, I felt the latter was more appropriate. Anyways I've got the new one a couple days ago. Haven't opened the box yet. I will list it on here when I can get everything for it gathered up and inspected. More importantly when I can talk the wife into letting me spend a few hundred on accessories for a Dillon.

Meanwhile I will keep cranking out rounds with my Lee press and dies. Never had any issues here. Same press for 7 years. Bottom line is....get what you want. I know people who think Lee is crap, that's fine....I bought mine as an entry level press to load .45 Colt. I now load .44 Special, .44Mag, .45acp, 10mm, .454 Casull and .500 mag. If I wore it out this afternoon, I would buy the exact same press as a replacement.......my 2 cents.

Meanwhile I will keep cranking out rounds with my Lee press and dies. Never had any issues here. Same press for 7 years. Bottom line is....get what you want. I know people who think Lee is crap, that's fine....I bought mine as an entry level press to load .45 Colt. I now load .44 Special, .44Mag, .45acp, 10mm, .454 Casull and .500 mag. If I wore it out this afternoon, I would buy the exact same press as a replacement.......my 2 cents.

I've been using Lee reloading equipment since '95. I've always believed for the money they've been the best for my needs. And I was right. I do not hate their products. I've just had a bad experience with the loadmaster. When it worked, it worked well. I was having a bad day and decided to take a break and load some ammo. It calms me. It requires concentration and and focus. I can work at my own pace. But when the press wanted to show its butt by acting up, I was obviously at my breaking point. No matter what adjustments I tried, it would not index. All I was attempting was to de-prime and resize 45 brass. I too bought this as an entry level press and have had excellent results from all of their other products. From what I have heard from others who have the loadmaster, some operate flawlessly and some require constant adjustments. Lets just say, I've learned my lesson and next time I will simply walk away.

I stock the Dillons. You can get a 550 with a caliber conversion for $443 out the door. Let me know if you are interested. I sold Dillons to a lot of people that left comments here and they are all happy with the investment.

I recommend you buy your dillon from mrdrhumphreys. I bought a 550 from him several months ago. Great customer service and a good deal. Very good person to deal with.

Back
Top Bottom