• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Top 5 Bass lures and colors. What do you got?

Man, tough to pick top 5. Depends on conditions. Willow leaf spinner bait, buzz bait, finesse worm, Zara spook, trick worm, Rattl trap, crank bait, lizard, jig & trailer. Colors depends on water color and time of year.

Man, tough to pick top 5. Depends on conditions. Willow leaf spinner bait, buzz bait, finesse worm, Zara spook, trick worm, Rattl trap, crank bait, lizard, jig & trailer. Colors depends on water color and time of year.
You are definitely right. The bass in the lake at the house have favorites depending on conditions. They have been real picky this year post spawn.

R.ee4f13e167d4a9c472937f8bc46e877c

Works better if you have a boat......:behindsofa:

Hmmm, I have to think back. Haven't regularly been in a while....I usually use crank baits. First would be a Rapala Rattin Rap, before you buy hold the hooks and make sure it rattles. Any version of this should be good. Shad colors or blue and chrome seems to work best. You can fish it all kinds of ways. And depending on how you retrieve it, you can target different kinds of fish. I've caught catfish, crappie, any kind of bass and gar on them. The down side is the lure doesn't float so you can loose them. Next would be a trusty spinner bait. Love this lure, very weedless. I can get those in all kinds of places. I use a white jig and skirt with chrome spoons on the other side. Makes it very weedless in design. Next would be a plastic worm. There are so many ways to set these up. Main thing is to have the hook set up weedless by placing the hook inside the worm. I've used them weightless to have a litter set up with a weight so that the worm is suspended in the water behind it. After that I guess is live bait. I've used minnows and worms of different sizes. Just depends on what I'm going for. I've tried lots of different stuff along the way. Best thing to do is keep it simple, at least for me. There are far better fishermen than me, this is what has worked for me. Also matching reel, rod and line for what you're trying to do is as important as anything else

Back
Top Bottom