• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Toyota Pickup Battery Drain................

Kahrnut - I just checked the fuse and it was very loose. I tried to "squeeze" the holder and cracked a little bit of plastic to no avail. I then took out the 15A fuse and bent one leg one way and the other leg the other way and it is now working the brake lights! The "jumper" must have been creating the link to the brake lights and without it they did not work. With it it killed the battery! I am going to start buttoning everything back together.....

Thank you Kahrnut!

Got it squared away. Apparently the Cruise Control switch was on. Didn't know it, never used it and didn't realize it was a "constant on" for the battery. Looked at the wiring diagram in the Haynes book and realized the lead for the brake lights and the CC switch were the same color. I traced the diagram a few times with my finger and went to my truck, reached over and turned the switch off. The 12V test light on the battery then went off. I felt really dumb! I did however find a lot of stuff under my seat and behind it. Charging my battery now and got everything buttoned all back up. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom