• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

78Bronco

Default rank <4500 posts Lifetime Supporter
ODT Junkie!
Reaction score
Looking to buy a mid sized/utility tractor. I'd prefer it to be a Ford, John Deere, International or New Holland just because of parts availability. Does not have to have loader arms nor does it have to have 4x4, but not opposed to either. I'm not looking for a beauty queen, as long as it is mechanically sound and doesn't leak, smoke, etc. Trying to cap my spending at $12K but might be willing to consider spending a little more for that perfect deal. Ultimately I would like to keep it well under $12K so I could also try and find a backhoe attachment with this same lump of $. Willing to travel 150ish miles from 30449. Here are some of the things I'm looking for:
  • Diesel
  • 50 hp minimum
  • At least one set of aux hydraulics
  • Cat II 3 point hitch with minimum 3,200 lb lift capacity
  • Not wanting a full cab but not opposed to a canopy

Asshats.
They were not good to deal with but I liked the tractor. Keep us updated on how you like it.

Been working the tractor pretty hard for a few weeks now so thought I’d give you that update.
Things I like: It’s got good power and pulls strong. Tires are water filled so that helps with pulling. Tilt steering is a nice creature comfort. It is an overall comfortable tractor to operate. Lift is very strong and stable. Not overly loud running. The shuttle shift is a really nice option. The quick attach/detatch loader arms really are quick and easy to put on and off. Most of the controls are conveniently placed and intuitive to operate. Steps and grip locations to get on and off tractor are well placed making it easy to get on and off. Large “floorboard” is convenient in case you need to toss a chain, thermos, lunchbox, or something else up there with you.
Things I don’t like: Electronics! This thing has more beeps and alarms that any of my vehicles. I realize that’s commonplace with any newer pc of equipment but had to say it. The placement of the lever to raise/lower the 3pt hitch is right under arm rest and awkward to get to at times forcing me to flip up rest at times to operate it fully. The digital part of the instrument cluster gets dark after being in direct sunlight for a while making it extremely difficult to read , but that goes way when not in direct sun. Not a fan of the right hand exhaust. This was a concern of mine when I bought it and it’s proved to be something I really don’t like. I’m old school and when I grew up farming we do I’d everything using the right sided of the tractor as your guide because that’s where your controls are. For example, if rotary mowing along a tree line we always drove with right side of tractor against the trees, steering with left hand and working controls with right. Well this exhaust exiting on the right side catches on every limb and vine and it’s just not natural for me to put the left side of the tractor against the tree line and lean to that side to judge distance away from passing objects but have to reach to the right side to raise or lower the mower. Again, as with anything new, there is little to no room under hood to o work on stuff if needed.
All that said, I like the tractor and do not regret the purchase. I’ll work through my complaints and plan on getting years of service out of it.

I am glad that you are happy. I’d like to have a buddy seat but oh well.

A neighbor is drilling my hay hayfield he left his Deere 6110M and grain drill at the farm. WOW

Been working the tractor pretty hard for a few weeks now so thought I’d give you that update.
Things I like: It’s got good power and pulls strong. Tires are water filled so that helps with pulling. Tilt steering is a nice creature comfort. It is an overall comfortable tractor to operate. Lift is very strong and stable. Not overly loud running. The shuttle shift is a really nice option. The quick attach/detatch loader arms really are quick and easy to put on and off. Most of the controls are conveniently placed and intuitive to operate. Steps and grip locations to get on and off tractor are well placed making it easy to get on and off. Large “floorboard” is convenient in case you need to toss a chain, thermos, lunchbox, or something else up there with you.
Things I don’t like: Electronics! This thing has more beeps and alarms that any of my vehicles. I realize that’s commonplace with any newer pc of equipment but had to say it. The placement of the lever to raise/lower the 3pt hitch is right under arm rest and awkward to get to at times forcing me to flip up rest at times to operate it fully. The digital part of the instrument cluster gets dark after being in direct sunlight for a while making it extremely difficult to read , but that goes way when not in direct sun. Not a fan of the right hand exhaust. This was a concern of mine when I bought it and it’s proved to be something I really don’t like. I’m old school and when I grew up farming we do I’d everything using the right sided of the tractor as your guide because that’s where your controls are. For example, if rotary mowing along a tree line we always drove with right side of tractor against the trees, steering with left hand and working controls with right. Well this exhaust exiting on the right side catches on every limb and vine and it’s just not natural for me to put the left side of the tractor against the tree line and lean to that side to judge distance away from passing objects but have to reach to the right side to raise or lower the mower. Again, as with anything new, there is little to no room under hood to o work on stuff if needed.
All that said, I like the tractor and do not regret the purchase. I’ll work through my complaints and plan on getting years of service out of it.
Congratulations. You will find tons of things to use the loader for. Moving deer from field to truck was never easier. You can also skin one in a hurry using one.

Back
Top Bottom