• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Trade in or keep?

4.6 V8 or 5.4 V8? If it's the 5.4 take the opportunity and run. Mine has had the cam phaser tick since 60k miles which is progressively getting worse and as soon as the motor finally goes it will cost me $2,800 plus installation. I have put 14-16 spark plugs in it and 10-12 COP's. I am on my second set of catalytic converters and their is something faulty in the brake system. Run.

you know they make the updated phasers so all you have to do is replace them now right? sounds like you need your CPU updated/checked, might be running to rich.

Think i might take another day or two to decide, been doing this. I was on vacation last week and look what happens.
I also try to think about how I will feel a year from now if I made the trade... will I be happy that I did it or pissed at myself? Try to think about which vehicle gives you the most benefits in the long run. Is the risk worth the reward?

Truck in question
100MEDIA$IMAG02771.jpg

Thanks, the wheels are stock, just sanded down, prime, painted, and clear coated. Didn't cost much to do and looks good. More i think about it, the more i'm likely to keep it.

Back
Top Bottom