• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Trade in or keep?

Can't i just blame it on me being young lol. I do really like the car, but i need to start being and thinking financial smarter. This sucks.

How old are you? Trust me man keep the truck you will be glad you did in few years. How many miles do you put on it in a day?

Being young and having choices doesn't suck. Being in a financial bind with no choices sucks, whether you're young or old.
Also, don't justify wants by making them needs. I've been there and done that. There is nothing wrong with wanting something, just don't justify the purchase by making it a need.

BTW, I don't know when I turned into my father but if I ever had any doubts about it happening they are completely gone after this post.

I have now realized my old man was right all the time and I keep telling my kids the same stuff he use to tell me everyday. Man I hate getting old!!!!!!!!

4.6 V8 or 5.4 V8? If it's the 5.4 take the opportunity and run. Mine has had the cam phaser tick since 60k miles which is progressively getting worse and as soon as the motor finally goes it will cost me $2,800 plus installation. I have put 14-16 spark plugs in it and 10-12 COP's. I am on my second set of catalytic converters and their is something faulty in the brake system. Run.

How old are you? Trust me man keep the truck you will be glad you did in few years. How many miles do you put on it in a day?

Only 26, if i tried i could maybe pay off the truck in 2 yrs or the car in little over 3 yrs, but life does seem to happen sometimes so those numbers could become a little longer.

I have now realized my old man was right all the time and I keep telling my kids the same stuff he use to tell me everyday. Man I hate getting old!!!!!!!!
The older I get the smarter my parents get. When I was 16 I was a genius and they didn't know what they were talking about. Funny how things change.

Suppose to be buying a new car on Monday after work (nothing signed yet), but am starting to have second thoughts. I currently drive a 06 ford f150 extended cab and have just over 90k. About 2 1/2 to 3 yrs left to pay on it with $7900 (277.78 monthly, try to pay $300) left on the loan. Never had anything wrong with it, but needs need brakes this month. Is it worth trading it in for a smaller car with better gas mileage. The car I'm looking at has just over 51k and is in great condition. My mechanic checked it out and all it needs is some rear brake pads. The finance part is around $260 for 60 months (wanted 48 months $305) which i'll pay more every month ($300) just wanted something comfortable i could pay easily. As of right now i only drive less than 15k a year maybe less. Interest rate is a little better on the car than truck but haven't tried refinancing it yet and insurance wise about the same too. Single and no kids if that matters, so is it worth it to get the car or keep the truck?

Giving $8800 for the truck and i don't have the option of buying a cheap car. It's one or the other. I was set on getting the car, but now second guessing myself. I really don't use the truck for for what it is intended for but maybe, maybe a handful times a year. I do have access to a truck if i really needed one.

A word from an idiot who has been there done that....keep your truck fix it and pay it off. Better gas mileage is a myth if your going to get more debt, plus if you ever lose your job or need to move in a hurry that truck will save your life. That ford will be there long after the love affair with cheap gas wears off. i have done it 3 times.....seriously T am the definition of insane. don't do it.......its up to you but truly i have watched so many people so close to pay off and boom new car. 60 months used car loan no freakin way......

4.6 V8 or 5.4 V8? If it's the 5.4 take the opportunity and run. Mine has had the cam phaser tick since 60k miles which is progressively getting worse and as soon as the motor finally goes it will cost me $2,800 plus installation. I have put 14-16 spark plugs in it and 10-12 COP's. I am on my second set of catalytic converters and their is something faulty in the brake system. Run.

it's a 4.6L V8, suppose to be one of the better motors ford has made from what i hear, but I could be wrong.

I have an 05 with 180,000 there is nothing wrong with my truck... I will drive it another 180 and keep the change.....

disclaimer.. I have a honda civic commute car(30 mpg)

If it's the 4.6 keep it and pay it off. Also as above me i have a 99 TL as a daily driver and my wife drives the truck to run errands so it stays parked alot. We have an 06 4.6 work truck and it has done great other than needing to have the throttle body cleaned desperately.

Back
Top Bottom