• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Traditional Wetshaving

TattooedGunner

Default rank <3500 posts
ODT Junkie!
87   0
Reaction score
Anybody here into traditional wetshaving?

I actually enjoying shaving. I use either a straight razor or old single edge or double edge safety razors, a brush, and traditional shaving soap. Costs a lot less than fusion cartridges, unless you go crazy collecting different razors and such, and I get a great shave with no razor burn. It can take a little longer, but to me it is very relaxing.

If I started shaving like that again I would look like I had been killing hogs. I used to use an old double edged razor, cup and brush that my grandfather gave me but time took over and now I might end up shaving on 400 or an airport with an electric. I tried my old razor a while back and it scared the crap out of my kids when I walked out of the bathroom with my neck and chin wrapped up like a mummy.

Well there is technique involved for sure. It isn't like a fusion or mach3 where you can just instantly get good results. Also, you can't use pressure like you do with most cartridge razors.

What kind of blade was you using? If you were using some blades that you have had this whole time they may not be any good any more. The older blades were high carbon and over time the edges would deteriorate. The newer blades are stainless and teflon coated as well. They sell a 10 pack at most walmarts for $1.76 that are decent.

Its best not to shave....its bad for the skin. Besides, its hunting season. Time to let the follicles grow and become one with nature!

Sweeny ?... Sweeny Todd? Is that you buddy???:scared: Just funnin ya...:boink:
I dont shave often but what I do miss is when going to the barber is a good shave lowering the ears and around the neck. Always felt nice , clean, and smelled great after the old time barber was done. Hair stylist seem afraid to cut your hair. Dont ask for a flat top a face shave....What I would give for a hot steaming towel, and a sharp strapped blade....
Might be a good business to learn and startup...
A REAL barber ... shave and a hair cut... two bits...well inflation has killed that maybe 100 bits.

Dave
KS4VR

Barbasol, and Target brand razors gets it done right now. I would love to continue to use the Gillette gels and Mach 3 or better razors, but I refuse to pay that much for those products anymore. The prices have gotten out of hand. No I don't get quite as good of a shave with the cheap razors, but it works so why not.

I have considered trying the double edge safety razors. I have some at my parents house. Problem is a mole or two on my lip and neck. I'm afraid they would cut the ever livin $&^% out of me.

My Dad was a barber and I have all his straight razors.I don't shave.Haven't since the 80's,hence the beard.Remember when my first neck shave happened,kind of like a step into manhood.Miss Ole POP.

Back
Top Bottom