• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Traditional Wetshaving

I wetshave with a double-edge (afraid to try a straight razor). But, I'm not sure I'm saving any money. The money for a vintage Gillette, a couple of Merkurs, Vulfix badger brush, Dirty Bird Scuttle, and Truefitt & Hill shaving cream will buy a lot of modern safety razors.

Barbasol, and Target brand razors gets it done right now. I would love to continue to use the Gillette gels and Mach 3 or better razors, but I refuse to pay that much for those products anymore. The prices have gotten out of hand. No I don't get quite as good of a shave with the cheap razors, but it works so why not.

I have considered trying the double edge safety razors. I have some at my parents house. Problem is a mole or two on my lip and neck. I'm afraid they would cut the ever livin $&^% out of me.

Make it quick and you'll never have to worry about them again.

Sweeny ?... Sweeny Todd? Is that you buddy???:scared: Just funnin ya...:boink:
I dont shave often but what I do miss is when going to the barber is a good shave lowering the ears and around the neck. Always felt nice , clean, and smelled great after the old time barber was done. Hair stylist seem afraid to cut your hair. Dont ask for a flat top a face shave....What I would give for a hot steaming towel, and a sharp strapped blade....
Might be a good business to learn and startup...
A REAL barber ... shave and a hair cut... two bits...well inflation has killed that maybe 100 bits.

Dave
KS4VR

There is actually a great new barber at the new shopping center on Exit 19 of I-575 in Canton. "Barker-Jackson Master Barbers" 770-704-2768. I got a great haircut and a traditional straight-razor shave (complete with hot lather, lavender oil, steaming face and neck towels, straight razor, lavender oil aftershave and face massage) for $34 (plus tip, of course)!!! The shave and facial massage took about 45 minutes and was one of the most relaxing and pleasant experiences I've had in a LOOONG time. It was fantastic! If you live close enough, you should definitely give it a visit. I plan to make a monthly ritual of it, and I've been refering them to all of my friends that I think would actually appreciate it.

There is actually a great new barber at the new shopping center on Exit 19 of I-575 in Canton. "Barker-Jackson Master Barbers" 770-704-2768. I got a great haircut and a traditional straight-razor shave (complete with hot lather, lavender oil, steaming face and neck towels, straight razor, lavender oil aftershave and face massage) for $34 (plus tip, of course)!!! The shave and facial massage took about 45 minutes and was one of the most relaxing and pleasant experiences I've had in a LOOONG time. It was fantastic! If you live close enough, you should definitely give it a visit. I plan to make a monthly ritual of it, and I've been refering them to all of my friends that I think would actually appreciate it.

Wish I was closer! I'm sure there is an old barber around here somewhere but most of them closed up shop years ago. If I find one, I will certainly give them some business.

Barbasol, and Target brand razors gets it done right now. I would love to continue to use the Gillette gels and Mach 3 or better razors, but I refuse to pay that much for those products anymore. The prices have gotten out of hand. No I don't get quite as good of a shave with the cheap razors, but it works so why not.

I have considered trying the double edge safety razors. I have some at my parents house. Problem is a mole or two on my lip and neck. I'm afraid they would cut the ever livin $&^% out of me.

Any of the high dollar blades shave better after a year of use than any disposable dose after 3 shaves. I dont have to shave everyday but when i do its like pine saplings. I do use the high dollar blades and I make em last at least 12 months and even then its still a smooth shave but them disposables run like a allpourpose plow through rocks.

Sweeny ?... Sweeny Todd? Is that you buddy???:scared: Just funnin ya...:boink:
I dont shave often but what I do miss is when going to the barber is a good shave lowering the ears and around the neck. Always felt nice , clean, and smelled great after the old time barber was done. Hair stylist seem afraid to cut your hair. Dont ask for a flat top a face shave....What I would give for a hot steaming towel, and a sharp strapped blade....
Might be a good business to learn and startup...
A REAL barber ... shave and a hair cut... two bits...well inflation has killed that maybe 100 bits.

Dave
KS4VR

My local barber I go to still does that, hot lather, straight razor, and then warm wet towel to wipe it all off......It feels so good!

Any of the high dollar blades shave better after a year of use than any disposable dose after 3 shaves. I dont have to shave everyday but when i do its like pine saplings. I do use the high dollar blades and I make em last at least 12 months and even then its still a smooth shave but them disposables run like a allpourpose plow through rocks.

I've tried to use the cheap blades but always end up looking like I shaved with a weed wacker. Unless I want to leave blood trails I'm stuck using the 5 blade models and even then I have to shave in the shower. I basically have to shave up, down and then sideawys to get close. Doesn't grow long fast but it grows tough. Pisses me off to no end every time I see a commercial where the guy is shaving downward and his face ends up smooth.

I'll have to try a traditional shave, never much thought about it before but after reading this I think I'll give it a go.

If y'all haven't tried Prorasso shaving products you are missing out. I use their shave cream in my mug about 90% of the time. I would also suggest using Prorasso pre-shave.

Prorasso pre-shave, a nice warm mug of Prorasso cream, a badger hair brush, vintage Gillette with some surgical grade Merkurs finish up with a few splashes of Clubman. You will be ready for anything.

If y'all haven't tried Prorasso shaving products you are missing out. I use their shave cream in my mug about 90% of the time. I would also suggest using Prorasso pre-shave.

Prorasso pre-shave, a nice warm mug of Prorasso cream, a badger hair brush, vintage Gillette with some surgical grade Merkurs finish up with a few splashes of Clubman. You will be ready for anything.
Sounds like the way a true gentleman should shave.

Back
Top Bottom