• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Traffic Cameras

It's not that simple. Sometimes we ALL get distracted and don't realize we're speeding. Especially when the posted speed varies wildly on the surface roads. I was never intending to speed on surface roads . And it wasn't because I was running late because I NEVER run late. But if you don't pay real close attention you can and will miss the posted signs of there are any.
Now if there was a cop car posted up on the median or on the roadside then instinct would make you check your speed immediately and act accordingly. But some sneaky ass silver box on a pole ain't telling me or anyone ****. On top of that if you had a real live city cop or deputy to ( NOT GSP since they're uncaring robot assholes.) You would have at least some chance of getting a warning or even an informal " Y'all slow it down now." As I have gotten before. This camera **** is all a cash grab. It's designed for the city or county make as much revenue as possible with the least amount of man hours and payroll. SHOULD be illegal just like private prisons and DUI schools should be illegal. I believe it's a very slippery slope to put a for profit company in charge of enforcing laws or punishment of the citizens.
I got a camera ticket (Emerson Ga) that I have considered just seeing what will happen if I dont pay it. Same as you, I was driving my wife's vehicle and I was going 46 in a 35 at 1:30 pm. The ticket is written to her, but she was at work at the time. Apparently it was school zone with no school zone lights flashing so the speed limit dropped to 35 instead of being the normal 45.
Will they really revoke our registration if I dont pay it? I have until the end of the month to pay it and it is killing me to eat my pride and pay this stupid ticket for going 46 mph

I got a camera ticket (Emerson Ga) that I have considered just seeing what will happen if I dont pay it. Same as you, I was driving my wife's vehicle and I was going 46 in a 35 at 1:30 pm. The ticket is written to her, but she was at work at the time. Apparently it was school zone with no school zone lights flashing so the speed limit dropped to 35 instead of being the normal 45.
Will they really revoke our registration if I dont pay it? I have until the end of the month to pay it and it is killing me to eat my pride and pay this stupid ticket for going 46 mph
I was gonna go to court with the first one I got but my wife paid it and didn't tell me. I kinda get it since it's her name involved. Still pissed me off though.
So last night she was asking me about the tag covers and sprays etc as for being legal or not. I told her I don't give a flying **** if it ain't. If the clear coat spray works then I won't get another ticket. If a legit human cop pulls me over then he can't see it with the naked eye. So how can I lose here?

I was gonna go to court with the first one I got but my wife paid it and didn't tell me. I kinda get it since it's her name involved. Still pissed me off though.
So last night she was asking me about the tag covers and sprays etc as for being legal or not. I told her I don't give a flying **** if it ain't. If the clear coat spray works then I won't get another ticket. If a legit human cop pulls me over then he can't see it with the naked eye. So how can I lose here?
Clear coat spray?

I talked to a friend of a friend who works for Perry PD. He told me the city of Perry makes a whopping $3.00 per ticket from these cameras. They made more than that handing out seatbelt tickets back before Covid. And yeah I have a problem with private companies enforcing laws AND making lots of money from it.
I know some @BIKER13 would say " Well slow down." But it's not that simple. If you're keeping up with traffic around here then you're over the limit. And the way this county is growing there's a ****in school zone around every corner.
FIFY

Get a license plate cover, they're "illegal" but effective. I got tagged once and recently twice for my wife. Haven't gotten one since putting the cover over the plate
Had one over my plate. Got pulled by Gwinnett County Police. Made me take it off right then or receive a citation. It was just a light smoke color too.

I have lived across the street from an elementary school for 30+ years. Not accident of any kind except the occasionally a mommy will bump another mommy while they are waiting in line - no speed at all.

BUT we got ONE of TWO school zone cameras in all of Clarke County, 11 or so elem. schools, 2 cameras.

Why? Well the popo and the school board won't admit it, but the school zone is one a major road in the rural part of the county. The speed limit is 45. At the school zone it drops to 25. School zones are exempt from the "10 mph +
" The ONE other camera is similarly situated.

The other cameras are in urban areas where the speed limit generally goes from 25 to 25 -not much chance for profit there.

Got a warning there…don’t cut through there anymore…I have considered not paying as well

I just recently watched a Youtube video about people that are so ticked at drivers in New York City that have damaged license plates. It seems that a "B" could be partially scratched out to look like a "3", or a "P", and "4" could be scratched out to look like a "1", etc.

It seems, that in NYC at least, this really confuses the red light and speed cameras, but provides some plausible deniability - "Gee, officer, my old as heck tag seems to have been damaged a bit. Who knew?"

Look at your local code on the camera tickets, here in Iowa they are an ordinance violation and not a law violation. Which means they can’t do anything if you don’t pay other than send you scary sounding letters in the mail and the letters come from the camera company and not even the city. I have buddy who got his first one in about 2012 and has gotten several since, never paid a one of them and has had no repercussions other than the letters. Red light cameras are different though, and they will get treated like a cop wrote it. If you have one of the tickets it should say somewhere on it what kind of violation it is. Sometimes you have to use their own fine print against them.

Back
Top Bottom