• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Traffic Citation

Status
Not open for further replies.
24MPH over = Super speeder. Will cost about $1000.00 after all fines from state and local county.
That should not apply in this case and if it does, they are wrong...straight from the GA DDS website.

Georgia's 'Super Speeder Law' defines a Super Speeder as a driver convicted of speeding at 75 mph or more on a two-lane road or at 85 mph and above on any road or highway in the State of Georgia. In addition to the fines and fees paid to the jurisdiction where the speeding offense took place, a $200 Super Speeder state fee is to be paid by the convicted driver. Failure to pay the Super Speeder fee within 120 days of official notice will result in the suspension of the offender’s license or driving privileges. Payment of a $50 reinstatement fee in addition to the $200 Super Speeder fee will then be required to reinstate their license or driving privileges.

Since he was allegedly only gong 69 on a two lane rd, it should not apply. In certain situations and roadways you can be a super speeder when only going 16 miles an hour over the limit. Speed limit 70...going 86...= Super Speeder according to the law.

That should not apply in this case and if it does, they are wrong...straight from the GA DDS website.

Georgia's 'Super Speeder Law' defines a Super Speeder as a driver convicted of speeding at 75 mph or more on a two-lane road or at 85 mph and above on any road or highway in the State of Georgia. In addition to the fines and fees paid to the jurisdiction where the speeding offense took place, a $200 Super Speeder state fee is to be paid by the convicted driver. Failure to pay the Super Speeder fee within 120 days of official notice will result in the suspension of the offender’s license or driving privileges. Payment of a $50 reinstatement fee in addition to the $200 Super Speeder fee will then be required to reinstate their license or driving privileges.

Since he was allegedly only gong 69 on a two lane rd, it should not apply. In certain situations and roadways you can be a super speeder when only going 16 miles an hour over the limit. Speed limit 70...going 86...= Super Speeder according to the law.
Thanks for the clarification. It was a four lane divided road.

He said it was a Laser and I didn't ask him. He had sort of an attitude. He talked to me as if I didn't know about safety. I have driven in Europe for twelve years. Competed in auto events. Twenty years of accident free driving in the military. Twenty years a Letter carrier with a blemish free record and numerous safety awards. I know a little about driving. I even used to be a competitor in The Atlanta sports Car Club for many years.
Of course that doesn't have anything to do with this but I'm just saying. Next week I'll be 84 and thank God in my mind I can still wheel the wheel.
I was kinda with ya ’til you started the driving history. Now it seems like you’re the one with attitude.
But then, I also like to mis-remember how great I was 50 years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom