• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Trail Cam Life

Buckshot Hall

Default rank <500 posts Supporter
Hunter
49   0
Reaction score
Is it me or does it seem no matter how much or little you pay for a trail cam it only seems to last about a year or so? I look at the reviews on cameras and everyone of them where someone has updated after a year or so seem to have quit working. What do you all think?

Maybe yes, the wifey is the deer-cam expert and after listening to her exploits, I tend to agree.

The wifey and I have around 20 various Wildgame cams and both us have very good success and somewhat long life with the Cloak model, $65 at Walmart and sometimes on sale for around $50.

She began buying Wildgame on sale at Bass Pro after her more expensive cams were under performing and she said “what the heck”

Recently, 4 were underwater when the broad river flooded, 2 died and 2 survived, even continuing to snap pictures as the water was rising, even underwater, then as it receded !
Yeah I don't expect any camera to last underwater! I will check those out.

I buy the $42 walmart cams delivered to the house,2 in walton 2 in forsyth,I keep 2 xtras for when one goes down.Found its usually not worth having one repaired after shipping and repair.8 AA's seem to last a season.

Back
Top Bottom