• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Trail Cam Question?

VolsNut

Default rank <1250 posts Lifetime Supporter
ODT Junkie!
134   0
Reaction score
I have never used a Trail Cam before. I have now leased 400 acres in Meriwether and 300 in Coweta! Meriwether is about 80% Soy Beans and the Coweta is 100% Hardwoods with more Acorns than I have ever seen! I am wanting to know what is a good Trail Camera and your honest opinion about which I should buy! Thanks....

Good luck. It seems to be a crap shoot with every brand in every price range. They design something well that works flawlessly for the first run or two then transfer production to China and it goes down the tubes. :mad:
I wish I could recommend something. I really do. If I could, I'd buy one of whatever it was right now. Last one I bought was a Bushnell Trophy Cam. I've seen worse, but I expected more.
I suggest you spend some time poking around this site and reading his VERY good field tests. http://chasingame.com/

Good luck. It seems to be a crap shoot with every brand in every price range. They design something well that works flawlessly for the first run or two then transfer production to China and it goes down the tubes. :mad:
I wish I could recommend something. I really do. If I could, I'd buy one of whatever it was right now. Last one I bought was a Bushnell Trophy Cam. I've seen worse, but I expected more.
I suggest you spend some time poking around this site and reading his VERY good field tests. http://chasingame.com/

I had the Bushnell Trophy Cam the Bone Collector addition and worked great the first year, second year went to pull SD card and noticed there had been an overheating problem at the wire that connected to two parts and that the plastic had melted which fried the unit..Bushnell said it was out of warranty..Oh I only use the lithium batteries..Soooooo I went to the Moultrie M880 recommends the lithium and you can use up to 32gig SD card...They are working great, but this is only the first year!! We will see good luck and let us know what works for you..DD

Anybody bought one that they are happy with?
I had three different manufactuers. Moultrie, Leaf River, and Bushnell. I was very happy with all of them at FIRST. Now I couldn't give an endorsment for any. Over time, they all degrade it seems. I returned the first Bushnell I got because it's night time illumination (I generally keep mine set on video) was terrible amongst other problems. Next one I got was fine in that regard but seemed to have a triggering problem. I gave up and kept it. Trigger speed in the less than 6 months I've had has slowed down tremendously.

Anybody bought one that they are happy with?

I have been happy with my Moultrie cams. I have a couple of M-100XTs, and this year I picked up the M-990i. The M-990i has a very fast trigger speed, which if you are placing on a trail, you want. If you are on a food plot, most of the decent cameras will work. Reconyx is top of the line, and it goes down from there.

Check out Trailcampro for reviews, and they also offer a 2 year warranty if you purchase from them.

Back
Top Bottom