Traveling cross country with firearms in the car

If you plan to stay at any motel/hotel along the way, don't leave them overnight in your vehicle, too easy to have them stolen. Keep them in the room with you since your traveling in a vehicle with no trunk.

just be discrete about carrying them into your room, someone might call 911 on you or think your room would make a nice target if you step out.

Last edited:
If you plan to stay at any motel/hotel along the way, don't leave them overnight in your vehicle, too easy to have them stolen. Keep them in the room with you since your traveling in a vehicle with no trunk.

This, and never leave them unattended in the hotel room while you go to eat. I knew a couple who had 4 Glocks stolen this way. Tranport them in a non gun looking case. I use an old samsonite hard case. If you have any gun or outdoor stickers on your truck, scrap 'em off now. Get a prop bar for the door. You can buy one, or make one yourself to slow down people working with hotel clerks who make them access card keys.

This.......gunlaw@iglou.com.......I order one every year.It`s a guide to ALL the states` gun laws,and they are kept up-to-date.I travel a lot and keep one in both vehicles, always.I check the laws before I cross a state line.Cost is around $14.They are worded in simple English so that even I easily understand them.If you listen to some of the advice on here,you better take bail money."Traveler`s Guide to the Firearms Laws in 50 States"is the name of the book you will receive.There have been over 50 changes since last year.I just ordered my new one.

Last edited:
This.......gunlaw@iglou.com.......I order one every year.It`s a guide to ALL the states` gun laws,and they are kept up-to-date.I travel a lot and keep one in both vehicles, always.I check the laws before I cross a state line.Cost is around $14.They are worded in simple English so that even I easily understand them.If you listen to some of the advice on here,you better take bail money."Traveler`s Guide to the Firearms Laws in 50 States"is the name of the book you will receive.There have been over 50 changes since last year.I just ordered my new one.

Brilliant. Thank you!

This, and never leave them unattended in the hotel room while you go to eat. I knew a couple who had 4 Glocks stolen this way. Tranport them in a non gun looking case. I use an old samsonite hard case. If you have any gun or outdoor stickers on your truck, scrap 'em off now. Get a prop bar for the door. You can buy one, or make one yourself to slow down people working with hotel clerks who make them access card keys.

I've thought ahead regarding this and there's no way in hell I'm leaving anything unattended. I also figured a long time ago that it was a bad idea to have any NRA stickers or anything else gun related stuck to the car. I'm a proud member but that's pretty much advertisement that you have a car with a gun in it.

Back
Top Bottom