Traveling to Florida, can I take my suppressor with me?

sovietak474u

Default rank 5000+ posts
My honor is loyalty
380   0
Reaction score
Got a trip to Florida coming up soon. Am I able to bring my suppressor? Is there any paperwork I need to fill out? I see where you have to fill out a form to bring sbrs and machine guns across state lines but I see no mention of suppressors....

NFA Handbook Sec. 13.8 said:
Requesting permission to transport certain firearms in interstate or foreign commerce.

A person, other than an FFL/SOT, may not lawfully transport in interstate or foreign commerce any destructive device, machinegun, short-barreled shotgun, or short-barreled rifle, without prior written approval of ATF, specifically the NFA Branch. For definitions of these firearms and devices, refer to 27 CFR 478.11. Licensed collectors are not required to obtain such approval if the firearms and devices being transported are “curio or relic” firearms under the GCA. Approval for the transportation may be obtained by (1) a written request or (2) an approved application filed with ATF on Form 5320.20.

Here you go :thumb:

No mention of suppressors = no paperwork

What wold be the batf side? I know a few people who live in Florida and own suppressors. I'm just wondering if it's ok per the batf.
from my understanding you would have to get some kind of temp paperwork from BATFE for sbr and full auto machine guns when travelling to another sbr/machine gun legal state. thats what got me wondering/assuming if there's such regulation for suppressors. just a paranoid and humble opinion really :)

Back
Top Bottom