• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Trigger job stones

loadnplenty

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
197   0
Reaction score
So I saw these, kit comes with a 400,1k,3k,8k stones. Wondering if those experienced would find this set up suitable for doing a trigger job on a 1911 by hand.

Main goal will be basically deburring and polishing for a smoother pull

Attachments

• A528D993-F86C-426A-BC9E-139D124B29D3.png
    A528D993-F86C-426A-BC9E-139D124B29D3.png
    378.3 KB · Views: 6
It's very easy to screw up a 1911 if you don't know what you are doing. Tolerance stacking becomes an issue when you start taking material off a 1911 fire control group. What are you trying to do with the trigger?

I was looking at using them on the side of the trigger bows. Side of the sear. Something large enough to keep it on that would be flat. Seen a lot of video with jig and fixtures and small stones.

Seen a lot of folks just using sandpaper also. I am aware of the tolerances etc that must be maintained.
It's very easy to screw up a 1911 if you don't know what you are doing. Tolerance stacking becomes an issue when you start taking material off a 1911 fire control group. What are you trying to do wi

You should not need to do the sides of the trigger bow, just the rear edge; a file works fine on the rear edge. You may, on occasion need to smooth or enlarge the track where the trigger bow rides in the frame.

I -just me- gave up on doing trigger jobs in 1911’s with factory parts. It takes too long to get it right, and often the parts are only surface hardened and the trigger job won’t last. I have purchased several of these, and had very good luck with them:

I you want to modify the hammer or sear, it is cheaper to pay a gunsmith to do it, or buy a jig.

Back
Top Bottom