• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Trimmer Heads that don’t suck

Mine is a Milwaukee cordless. You line up two red lines, feed the string all the way through and pull it till it is even then wind it on. Don't even have to disassemble the head. It works great. Holds about 16 feet of line.
The craftsman is the same way but either won’t feed or dumps all the line at one time. I put 6ft on each side and can’t even take the damn thing apart. At this rate scissors work better.

The craftsman is the same way but either won’t feed or dumps all the line at one time. I put 6ft on each side and can’t even take the damn thing apart. At this rate scissors work better.
I bought my Milwaukee about a year ago and after using it a few times I sold the Stihl gas trimmer. It was a straight shaft commercial trimmer but I like the Milwaukee much better. Less noise, less vibration. Not nearly as rough of my old shoulders as the gas trimmer.

I was told it was the same design the EGO uses. I am not really familiar with Echo. I know who they are but have never used there equipment. I have always used Stihl till I recently went to battery powered.
I love my EGO powerfeed. Can change the line in about 30 seconds and it winds it for me. Best residential trimmer I have ever owned.

I love my EGO powerfeed. Can change the line in about 30 seconds and it winds it for me. Best residential trimmer I have ever owned.
I have heard good things about EGO but I have a hard time getting past the fact that they are either made in China or owned by a Chinese company. I would love to know how they wind the string for you though. I have not heard of that feature. Mine works the same as Jeddak described above.

I have heard good things about EGO but I have a hard time getting past the fact that they are either made in China or owned by a Chinese company. I would love to know how they wind the string for you though. I have not heard of that feature. Mine works the same as Jeddak described above.

Just pull the string through the head, even it up, and press the button and it winds the spool for you. Mine was acting up the other day, so I pulled the head apart (just two tabs), and took the head off the shaft, just had some debris in the cam that winds it. Cleaned it out and it was good as new. Their customer service is also very good, and I think it's a 5-year warranty on everything, including the battery.

Just pull the string through the head, even it up, and press the button and it winds the spool for you. Mine was acting up the other day, so I pulled the head apart (just two tabs), and took the head off the shaft, just had some debris in the cam that winds it. Cleaned it out and it was good as new. Their customer service is also very good, and I think it's a 5-year warranty on everything, including the battery.
Interesting.

Back
Top Bottom