• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Trouble with Dead Air/ KGM Customer Service

Some QA issues are soluble with some effort (or even basic diligence) by a manufacturer. When QA goes bad, the reputational damage can haunt a company for years, even if the issue is resolved, so for me I'll be trying to find out how bad QA is right now, before I start thinking about what my next can will be for the 300BLK SBR that I plan to pin to the muzzle.

I said basically the same thing that they are letting KG ruin their reputation if it isn’t ruined already.

And to add on, I went on Silencer Shop cause I’m apparently a glutton for punishment and want a Nomad but everything is backordered or Out of Stock.
So I don’t know what’s going on with Dead Air right now.

I have a SBR 300 BO. It's a 9.5" Sig upper. I've had zero issues with it cycling subs. I have a Sig 7.62 QD suppressor and it is quiet. I put one of the JP Silent Capture Springs in it and it made it even quieter.
Well, maybe I'll build an SBR later this year for a 300blk and set it up to shoot some subs.

BHPSteel BHPSteel Question about the 300blk, are you going to do an AR platform or bolt gun? Can a 300blk be built on an AR platform to reliably function subs?

Like already said, it was designed for it. I built my 8" 300blk/Sandman L with an adj. gas block, opened up the gas hole to the max .125, then played with powders until I got the fastest powder while still cycling reliably. Quieter than factory 147gr 9mm with my Obsidian 45, full length, an that's shooting 220gr at 1050 fps.

This is comparing my hush 9mm rounds with my 300 blk hush rounds.

BHPSteel BHPSteel Question about the 300blk, are you going to do an AR platform or bolt gun? Can a 300blk be built on an AR platform to reliably function subs?
yes on the AR platform. i'm working on a build now (or more accurately the ammo) that's a 7" 300bo MosTek barrel, 1:5 twist. My plan is to run only subs mostly suppressed. I want it to function perfectly with subsonic ammo, with and without a can. Personally I don't have any need for it to run supers. The issue usually is without an easily adjustable gas block (like RifleSpeed) its difficult to get them to run sub and supers, suppressed and non suppressed. You can probably get it to work for 3 of the 4 but getting all 4 is like the holy grail for blackout.

I know a lot of folks hunt with the supers, but I have a 6.8spc AR as well as a 308 and would probably grab one of these if I didn't worry about the quiet part. 300black out subs with a good subsonic bullet (Maker Bullets) will do just fine.

Back
Top Bottom