• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Trout Fishing

I haven't fished there but remember stopping there once years ago while visiting a friend in McCayesville. I could see huge trout just lined up several rows deep in several spots. I hear they had a big kill below the dam this year due to low water and oxygen levels. I just finished building a cabin up between Suches and Blue Ridge and am looking forward to doing some trout fishing this spring.

That is the best spot on the Toccoa that I have been to!

They did kill most of the fish while dropping the lake. I have not been up there in awhile
but I am being told that the fishing there is starting to come back well.

If you haven't been, you have to go to Cherokee. It sucks the price just went up, but it
is still worth it. It's not far from Blue Ridge.

I like the smaller streams and both spin and fly. Check out this Cottonmouth who added some excitement to my last Cooper Creek outing. He was 4' long and unafraid. I had to get a new net. Don't let anyone tell you there are no Cottonmouths in No. Georgia.

i55.tinypic.com_2w3cr4x.jpg

OK, in no way do I want to fight this out, but...

That isn't a cottonmouth. Nerodia ssp. common water snake. I am going to try to attach some pics

I have never been fly fishing. The only trout fishing in Ga I have done is out at Wild Cat creek. My aunt and uncle used to take me all the time when I was younger. Have not been in a long time. It is a long drive though, looking for some place closer.

Back
Top Bottom