Tonyf6188

Default rank <2000 posts Lifetime Supporter
ODT Junkie!
19   0
Reaction score
Anybody else here trout fish?

Spin? / Fly?

Anybody have a favorite streams?

My favorite is the Toccoa beloe the dam, but Cherokee is really nice as well.
We are going to be headed up to Cherokee in the next month or so.

I like fishing the creeks which have less pressure. When I had a license in SC, I liked to fish the Upper Middle Oconee during the week and Brasstown Creek on the weekends. Trips to the Chauga and Chattooga where fun, too, but you spend a lot of time dodging the tubes and kayaks. The reciprocal agreement with SC let's me fish the Chattooga from both sides with my GA license, and that is an awesome consolation prize!

In Georgia, the waters around Helen are crowded in April. Boggs Creek and Wildcat Creek can get crowded throughout the season, but not enough to spoil the fishing fun. Some of my most productive days on big water have been on the Chattahoochie between McGinnis Ferry and Buford Dam.

I like the smaller streams and both spin and fly. Check out this Cottonmouth who added some excitement to my last Cooper Creek outing. He was 4' long and unafraid. I had to get a new net. Don't let anyone tell you there are no Cottonmouths in No. Georgia.

i55.tinypic.com_2w3cr4x.jpg

My brother is a fly-fishing guide on the Hooch. I go with him sometimes, but the Hooch gets crazy crowded during Spring/Summer.

The Toccoa is where its at.

Been walking down that area a little but I have never floated it. I have always wanted to float
from the tailwater to Curtis Switch but since I haven't gotten around to buying a toon, It'll have
to wait. The park just down from the dam is my favorite spot in Ga. Cherokee, N.C. is my favorite
place I've been to so far. HUGE fish!

I go with a group of guys every year for a 4-6 day trout fishing trip at Rock Creek. Put and take stocker
fishing but fun anyway. Primitive camping and no phones for few days. Don't get much better than that.

Last edited:
Been walking down that area a little but I have never floated it. I have always wanted to float
from the tailwater to Curtis Switch but since I haven't gotten around to buying a toon, It'll have
to wait. The park just down from the dam is my favorite sot in Ga. Cherokee, N.C. is my favorite
place I've been to so far. HUGE fish!

Are you talking about Horseshoe Bend park?

Back
Top Bottom