Truck trashed and all my stuff stolen.

I learned my lesson the hard way back in the late 80's when my Springer .45 Ultra Compact was stolen out of my car at Six Flags. I did get it back about a year later after it was recovered from a friggin' thief who tried to rob a bank in Birmingham and got his ass shot by LEO's. I never leave anything of value in my truck or car since that day. I also drive a 21 year old beat up looking tiny Toyota truck so they'll think I'm too poor to have anything of value, nobody even bothers to scope it out to see if there's anything in it. I hope you get all your possesions back and the thief gets shot in the family jewels too.

sucks man. Hope they get caught. On a completely side note, ive been a member on here for awhile, and cant even begin to count how many people have had their truck/cars broken into an had guns stolen out of them. As big of advocates and we all are of the 2nd Amendment and its defense, we all need to stop being so careless with our firearms. It takes 2 seconds, to take it out of your car and put it in a place/on your person, so it doesnt fall into the wrong hands. We always wonder, "how do these scumbags keep getting their hands on guns to commit these crimes?" Well folks, case in point. Lets stop giving the Anti gun community more ammo than they need, by leaving guns in cars that are easily stolen.

We shouldn't have to live like that. I left my garage door open for 6 months straight and nothing was stolen. It's because my neighbors are not F****** thieves. I think we should hold these assholes more accountable. You steal you pay x 100. You cannot blame someone that was a victim of theft for what these scumbags do with what they stole. That's backwards thinking. Start holding scumbags accountable and make it really painful when they do steal. Easy enough.

Well In the gym people get stuff stolen alot as well and there are young kids around so keeping it in a bag near me on the mats is more unsafe in that situation or i would have but I am wearing shorty shorts so no way to tote it around lol. The bow just pure happend to be with me that day as well as the money. That said I thought Parked in the open 30 ft from the door and in daylight for a short time i would be ok. Not true lol. In my mind breaking in a locked vehicle and taking a gun that is in a closed compartment is no different that someone breaking in my house.

I would gladly pay a little more tax to get more prisons built. Felonies need way more punishment than the current system applies. Prison should be a deterrence not a country club. Any felony committed with a gun should be an automatic extra 20 years (to serve). Damn rehabilitation. (just sayin')

Sucks to hear this.
I have a small safe fastened inside my truck toolbox in the event I have to enter a building, such as courthouse, to store my pistol in. You can also use the lock that came with your pistol to secure it to the seat frame or what ever is available. At least make them work for it.

Hope they get caught. GL

Well In the gym people get stuff stolen alot as well and there are young kids around so keeping it in a bag near me on the mats is more unsafe in that situation or i would have but I am wearing shorty shorts so no way to tote it around lol. The bow just pure happend to be with me that day as well as the money. That said I thought Parked in the open 30 ft from the door and in daylight for a short time i would be ok. Not true lol. In my mind breaking in a locked vehicle and taking a gun that is in a closed compartment is no different that someone breaking in my house.
Gyms have lockers, and young kids are not allowed on the workout floor unsupervised. The difference between the house and car is, one is in a safe thats much, much harder to access(granted anybody with reasonable amount of time will eventually get in. Especially if you dont have/didnt set your alarm, but at least you're making them work for the gun), the locked compartment in your car needs nothing more than a screwdriver to access. What if the gun that is stolen from your car, is used against yourself or the people and children in the gym? Making a decision to break the rules by bringing it in, is better than the potential consequences.

Haha you have not visited many fight gyms in Atlanta have you? Mugged in the parking lot or **** stole out of the locker rooms. Locks dont matter they tear the **** off the hinges. Believe me I understand your point and from now on my truck will be unlocked and I may not even take my gun down there or I will check with the owner and see if i can put away in his office.

This ended up being a good get for these guys, 4800 from me about 24,000 worth from the vehicle next to mine the guy ownes a pawn shop and stopped to train had a few macbooks and a rolex and other jewels locked in center console. He also got his cards stolen. Another guy just got his laptop and wallet taken. Within 30 mins they hit about 8 gas stations racking up sev thousand in charges.

Haha you have not visited many fight gyms in Atlanta have you? Mugged in the parking lot or **** stole out of the locker rooms. Locks dont matter they tear the **** off the hinges. Believe me I understand your point and from now on my truck will be unlocked and I may not even take my gun down there or I will check with the owner and see if i can put away in his office.
If that type of stuff occurs that often,I certainly wouldnt be leaving a gun in my car, and I would be taking my business elsewhere. Theres plenty of places that offer training, where you do not have to worry about locks being ripped off, or getting mugged in a parking lot, in order to train.

Back
Top Bottom