• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Trust Q....

Just got back from the notary, she was a little weirded out that the signatures that she witnessed and her seal were on different pages. I hope it doesn't matter, I'm going to file my form 1 today :)

It will probably get kicked back, and the notary shouldn't have done that.

A properly drafted document will have the signatures and attestation on the same page, even if it takes an extra page.

What the drafter typically does is "space down" the last line of text to be just above the signatures and notary oath on a separate page.

With what you have there is no way to determine that the notary attestation does not go with another document.

This is also inaccurate information as he has clarified this already. Only the trustee on his trust will have that done is because they r the only person that has the power to add or remove items. The co trustee and beneficiaries don't have that power until they become the trustee themselves.

I hear what your saying but, will an ATF reviewer be savvy enough to spot this in a Trust? Do they have lawyers on standby ready to review? How would they know 'Oh, this Trust is different than the other 100s I look at each week?'

I hear what your saying but, will an ATF reviewer be savvy enough to spot this in a Trust? Do they have lawyers on standby ready to review? How would they know 'Oh, this Trust is different than the other 100s I look at each week?'
I dont know as I am not an ATF agent nor am I a NFA lawyer, however the man that I paid for my trust is indeed a lawyer and it's what he says so I tend to agree with him since he's the foremost expert here. Period. :becky:

I agree. He did mine also! These are just questions I'm curious about.
Guess one way to find out for sure about the atf side of things is when I file a 1 or 4 or whatever and only has my photos and fingerprints and see if it gets approved. Haha. My main point though is Dean hasn't been wrong about anything yet with all my questions to him. :becky:

You are correct, sir!

He already did in another thread.View attachment 736045

That's correct. Only the primary trustee (person who creates the trust). You simply take off all co-trustees, send in your application, and add them right back on. The ATF says this is all good.

This is done by an amendment we send with all trusts. You print out the amendment to the co-trustees, write only your name on it and include that with your trust on all applications. Then, trash the amendment. The co-trustees are right back on your trust. Very easy.

this should clear the air!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom