• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Trying to raise money for my Mom's care - she was just diagnosed with lung cancer

Technosapien

Default rank <400 posts
Survivalist
39   1
Reaction score
My Mother was recently diagnosed with lung cancer. She is retired and on a small fixed income which is mostly consumed with day to day expenses of living. Now she has been told that she will need to be on chemo and radiation for the rest of her life (approx 2-3 years). She does have insurance but her responsibility (20%) of the hospital/doctor bills is growing rapidly. She went into the hospital last Wednesday...to date she has over $3000k in bills. I fear the financial stress will complicate her cancer treatment which is very tough to begin with.

I am looking for a few local businesses and/or individuals to donate any items of value so that I can auction them off to raise money for my Mom. I will be cleaning out my home and gun safe of everything but my most treasured arms/items for this and was hoping others might have a few things to donate.

I will be happy to supply any documentation need to satisfy any concern that I am not a crook and that all monies generated will be applied to her care.

If anyone has any other ideas how I can raise money to help I'm all ears.

My feedback score is great, please ask anyone that I have dealt with. I think they would say I'm a standup guy who is just trying to help out his Mother who sacrificed so much to help him.

Please feel free to email or call. 404-481-7871 or lookforme@safe-mail.net.

Thank you and God Bless,
Micah Benson

Depending upon her diagnosis she may qualify for Social Security benefits as well as Medicare. Most hospitals have people on staff to help patients determine what benefits they are entitled two.

I am planning to hold a firearms raffle in July or August. I have a several local businesses that I am in negotiations with for sponsorship. I am continuing to search for other businesses and individuals to donate New or Used firearms (functional but any condition), ammo (any caliber) and accessories (any and all). I'm going to put up my Colt Model 1903 (Manf. 1909) in the raffle along with a few other goodies.

Aside from the raffle I’m looking for any other items that I could sell to raise money. Anything that you could donate would be great. Giftcards, used
electronics/computers&#8230;anything.

All proceeds will go directly to my mothers care. Fundraising activities and totals can be viewed here http://pageeasy.com/ALifeWorthFightingFor/

Thanks so much for taking the time. Every little bit helps.

Micah Benson

Back
Top Bottom