• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Tumbler

That tumbler looks nice... I'll have to do some reading later on it to figure out what it costs for the liquid.

Just a note on lead exposure- I've had the doctor draw an extra vial of blood for lead testing for the last several years. I've never been over 3 PPM (the limit for kids is 5 PPM, adults is 10 PPM). Why would I do this? Mostly because I have an exwife that hates firearms and my kids are with me 50% of the time. And I live in a 110 year old house. And I cast bullets... and reload... and shoot a lot. So if anything comes up in the future about "the kids have lead poisoning and they're not going back to that house" I'm going to point to all my hobbies and tell her she must be putting lead dust in their cheerios.

Sorry- rambling there. Point is, if I'm not off the charts, I think most people should be just fine.

It does look good. I have to dispute being able to do 1000 223 cases at once though. All other formulas out there say 1lb steel media vs 1 lb brass. 1000 223 cases weighs a lot more then 5 lbs.

It does look good. I have to dispute being able to do 1000 223 cases at once though. All other formulas out there say 1lb steel media vs 1 lb brass. 1000 223 cases weighs a lot more then 5 lbs.

Yep, that's about 14 lbs of brass. I'd probably do 500 round batches. The Tumbler tumblers weight rating with water and media only leaves enough weight left over for about 150 .223 although a lot of people do more. Also I don't like the seal on the Thumblers, having to screw around with all the wing nuts and gasket. Every one that I checked out used on Ebay had rust issues.

Back
Top Bottom