• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

U22 Neos Carbine Kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wheeler

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
Reaction score
I'm in the market, if you have one with all the parts and don't really want it hit me up and let's see if we can work out a deal.

Found this online...

Beretta has not discontinued the U22 Carbine Conversion Kit (Part JU22CK1). Beretta and the BATFE have not reached an agreement as to how to sell the U22 Carbine Kit as, under current Federal (and many State) Firearm Regulations, a pistol (such as the U22 NEOS) can not be converted into a rifle unless it is registered as a separate firearm. Under current BATFE Federal firearm regulations, an owner of a U22 NEOS would have to re-register the gun as a rifle. Under some State laws (such as California & New York), it would be considered an assault rifle (because of its 16" barrel length) and would not be able to be sold in those States.

:censored:

Found this online...

Beretta has not discontinued the U22 Carbine Conversion Kit (Part JU22CK1). Beretta and the BATFE have not reached an agreement as to how to sell the U22 Carbine Kit as, under current Federal (and many State) Firearm Regulations, a pistol (such as the U22 NEOS) can not be converted into a rifle unless it is registered as a separate firearm. Under current BATFE Federal firearm regulations, an owner of a U22 NEOS would have to re-register the gun as a rifle. Under some State laws (such as California & New York), it would be considered an assault rifle (because of its 16" barrel length) and would not be able to be sold in those States.

:censored:
How current is that information and what is the source?

'08 from a Beretta forum. I earmarked it years ago when I was looking for a carbine kit.
I can't put my finger on it now, a lot of the good info I had on stuff like this is on my old laptop that died a hard death after fighting the good fight. Regardless, I think that info is old and doesn't apply. If I remember correctly, you can't install the stock with the pistol barrel in place. That covers the SBR portion. Since it was sold as a pistol to begin with, there's no issue with turning it into a rifle and back into a pistol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom