• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

UFC 207

If yall could get all the training you could get in one or the other (ONLY ONE), would it be ground game or stand up/striker? Yes, you can train in both obviously but i am asking theoretically its one or the other. Which one and why?

Look at the best fighter in the world. Jon jones can kick your ass either way. I would train in something with kicks, because your arm will never be longer than my leg.

Rousey got her ass kicked cause she can't get over getting knocked out by Holly Holm. She's like liberals, she's lived in a bubble so long being told she's the best at anything she does she started believing all the hype. Rousey's done, she's through, her little bubble got popped by Holm and she'll never recover from that. Hell, she wanted to commit suicide in the locker room after the KO from Holm. I never liked Rousey from the start, too freakin' cocky and thought NOBODY could beat her. There's always somebody out there better than you and that's just a fact. I was in plenty of fights when I was young, thought I was ten feet tall & bullet proof till I got my ass handed to me in a 30 second ass whoopin'. I was only 5'8" & 140lbs, fast as hell and hit like a Mack truck but when that little guy that was about 5'4" & 120lbs beat my ass I learned real quick not to believe my own hype. That was when I was about 15 years old, I grew up a little after that. Lol!

Rousey got her ass kicked cause she can't get over getting knocked out by Holly Holm. She's like liberals, she's lived in a bubble so long being told she's the best at anything she does she started believing all the hype. Rousey's done, she's through, her little bubble got popped by Holm and she'll never recover from that. Hell, she wanted to commit suicide in the locker room after the KO from Holm. I never liked Rousey from the start, too freakin' cocky and thought NOBODY could beat her. There's always somebody out there better than you and that's just a fact. I was in plenty of fights when I was young, thought I was ten feet tall & bullet proof till I got my ass handed to me in a 30 second ass whoopin'. I was only 5'8" & 140lbs, fast as hell and hit like a Mack truck but when that little guy that was about 5'4" & 120lbs beat my ass I learned real quick not to believe my own hype. That was when I was about 15 years old, I grew up a little after that. Lol!

Yeah she reminds me of Rocky in the first part of part 3. Her opponents were probably selected carefully and she bought into all the hype cause she was marketed so well and had the world kissing her butt. That plus I don't think her trainer put her in a position to be successful. This is two punchers in a row that just beat on her face at will.

I have decided to protest. Ronda should still be champ!

15780932_352573988460159_2070611800600797178_n.jpg

She was never any good. (Sort of)attractive, white, she was nothing but a marketing ploy for the decline of our society.

UFC is professional wrestling. The only difference is the audience still thinks it's real.
If it wasn't real, shouldn't she have won?

If they ever do set up a great boxer/UFC fighter match I'll put $100 on the boxer with you. I want some of this action-I'll take the MMA fighter every time

Gosh, Randy Couture beat a 3 weight class champion in 40 seconds. I forgot the guys name. Heavy weight champ. Light heavy, middle weight.
Randy did the simple grab leg push knee back and chock. 40 seconds. It was 2008 or so. Tyson admitted a take down and it is over.
Most Champs and great fighters have a wrestling background. The wrestling stops take downs and thus the stand up is used.Chuck the Iceman Liddell was a good college wrestler with a huge right.
No money compared to a champion boxer. 1, boxers take punishment. Go down hard in MMA and fight stopped. 2. Boxers go down take the count and get up the continue getting hit. 3, Boxers rest every 3 minuets and a dazed fighter has time to recover and thus take more punisment.
Boxer is tuff training. Spare time is going to be punches to the head. Boxer that were champ or contenders thru the late 80s were taking a lot of punches. Death of Duyoung Kim in the 80s stopped 15 round fights.
Getting hit is cumulative. MMA STOPS FIGHTS VERY VERY QUICK.
Anyone with boxing talent will box because of the money. FLOYD, HOLLYFIELD, FOREMAN, TYSON,
will laugh at 3 million for a championship fight in their prime. All made 5x 0r 10 times the MMA top amount of 3 million. Even the big draw Brock Lester pulled over 5 million once.
However a MMA fighter leaves the sport without the brain scrambled problem of Boxers.

If they ever do set up a great boxer/UFC fighter match I'll put $100 on the boxer with you. I want some of this action-I'll take the MMA fighter every time
Randy Colture beat a 3 weight boxing champ in 40 second neck choke. Simple take down and done. Weight 168, 175, Heavy weight. 2007 or so.