UFC fight night (FREE!)

Me too, but Mir is still fighting the 2003 MMA game. He has no speed and no stand up skill. Heavy as hell hands, but he is not going to beat any of the heavyweights fighting right now to the punch. His ground game is 10X better than most every heavyweight still, but the ground game is not so good for offense anymore.
Yep, it's awesome how much the sport has evolved in the last 10 years, but sad to see some of these guys that can't evolve with the sport. He seems to prideful when it comes to striking and goes to jiu-jitsu as insurance when he should treat it the other way around.

Yep, it's awesome how much the sport has evolved in the last 10 years, but sad to see some of these guys that can't evolve with the sport. He seems to prideful when it comes to striking and goes to jiu-jitsu as insurance when he should treat it the other way around.

I actually prefer watching a good BJJ submission than a knockout, but stand up is where its at (right) now. It is fun to watch the old matches and see the progression from BJJ to ground and pound to striking. Of course, Pride was always strong on the striking, but then the strikers that came over to the UFC did exactly jack **** there. So weird.

Last edited:
I am very impressed with Michael Johnsons performance in that 1st round, thought he'd be in way over his head with barboza!