• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

UH-1H Huey

My brother in-law flew Cobras in the 80’s and taught at Fort Rucker for a few years in the late 80’s before switching over to fix wing in the early 90’s. I remember sitting in the first Berger King in Germany (Ansbach) and in he walks wearing his flight suit and said he flew down from Fulda on a parts run.lol Maybe you new him, his name was JD Elovich.

My brother in-law flew Cobras in the 80’s and taught at Fort Rucker for a few years in the late 80’s before switching over to fix wing in the early 90’s. I remember sitting in the first Berger King in Germany (Ansbach) and in he walks wearing his flight suit and said he flew down from Fulda on a parts run.lol Maybe you new him, his name was JD Elovich.
He would have been an IP when I was in flight school then. I definitly wouldn't crossed his path at Rucker because the attack helicopter and slick transition coursed were on two different airfields then. His name doesn't ring a bell. I transited to fixed wing in the early 90's also. There were two sides to fixed wing....Reconnaissance and General Support. I flew reconnaissance, if he was on the reconn side we probably crossed paths, maybe, it was and still is a pretty small community in Army Aviation.

He was also in reconnaissance. I know he spent time in Panama and Hunter Army airfield. After retiring he flew for Com Air in Cincinnati and currently is an FAA inspector living in Nevada. Knowing that fixed wing aviation in the Army is a small community I bet you guys crossed paths at some point. Anyway thank you for your service and maybe we’ll meet someday at a meet.

https://armyav.org/

I have over a thousand hours in that thing!

I suspect you and I might have crossed paths, or at least were in the same airspace at times.
I did several stints down in Central America during your time period there. Mostly at JTF Bravo (that's what they called it at the time), but some in El Sal and Guat like you. Those were challenging missions, and I really learned a lot when I was flying down there.

I really enjoyed my duty during those times, as I bet you did also!

Back
Top Bottom