• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

UMC?

tyvw

Default rank <100 posts
Hunter
12   0
Reaction score
So a buddy and I were discussing the sale that Dick's sporting goods is having with remmington UMC ammo. Besides it being dirty is there a reason its so cheap? Also whats a comparison for UMC?

I've target shot it in handguns and a 22 rifle, no problems.
As far as dirty, didn't notice it being particularly worse than others, and I clean after shooting every time anyway.

Haven't bought it in a while, but it was very competitive in price,which is the whole point.

Some on here dislike remington ammo, but I never had a problem for target shooting, and it's the only ammo my 22 semi auto rifle likes.

I have shot UMC ammo (mostly bulk packs in 9mm, .40S&W, .45acp and .223) off and on for years. Also, I don't see that it's much dirtier than the rest of the FMJ/ball ammo on the market. The bulk packs just dump the ammo in a box and forgo the nice plastic ammo holders that save on cost, which they pass on to the consumer. The bullet is a common FMJ which is normally the cheapest bullet to purchase in a jacket.

I have not had issues with hard primers or dud rounds with them and if I weren't reloading much I would buy the Wally world bulk packs and head to the range. The expensive performance stuff is to carry and use on the night stand.

I've had issues with significantly different OAL with UMC bulk packs. I've also found the ammo to be very weak, aka lower velocity than competing brands. If your gun likes lightly hotter ammo this isn't the brand for you.

I had a Glock 34 that would consistently misfire with UMC (one or two rounds out of every magazine). They seem to have hard primers. My Browning Hi-power functioned fine with the same batch of ammo, including the previously "dud" ammo from the Glock. I would recommend buying a little bit to try in your pistol before getting a case of it.

I've had issues with significantly different OAL with UMC bulk packs. I've also found the ammo to be very weak, aka lower velocity than competing brands. If your gun likes lightly hotter ammo this isn't the brand for you.

This! That crap is never consistent . It's either got a lot of weak rounds or some weak and some hot. Don't care for it

I have shot it before and was not all that impressed with it. Now if I could find it really cheap I might would use it again for plinking.

Back
Top Bottom